GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,300
1 members and 1,299 guests
andthen

Old 06-30-2004, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WrenSpr04KPsiK Send a message via Yahoo to WrenSpr04KPsiK
Alright this is my critique of the 2004 BET Awards.....

Monique had me rollin' since she had came on the stage, she finally proves that HEALTHY women can shake it with the rest.

The OutKast performance was something that I feel that I couldn't get into. i was mad confused because it looked like it was thrown 2gether at the last minute. I would have them rather did "I Like the Way U Move" and "Hey Ya".

The Usher performance had great expectations, BUT I and everybody else felt incredibly let down. WTF was going on the the ending to "Burn" with the weak lights coming up and the flames were on the screen????? Compared to the pyro of others WHAT HAPPENED????? Maybe he'll come up with something better at the next award show.

Rich James blew me away literally. I don't know what provoked him to just call out some woman all because she did not know who he was. Come on Rick, ain't nobody seen you since your Beyond the Music on VH1. Maybe you should have passed on the gunja. Anyway Teena and he had me in a loop with their duet. Whether it was good or bad, "Fire and Desire" had me.

India Arie did the most touching tribute to Ray Charles. It would be amazing if other artists decided to keep some of their performances simple. Now it would be off the hook if that guitar she was played could be auctioned off on Ebay.

Beyonce, it is alright to admit that you and Jay, are an item. Everybody else does. Besides Jay has made his feelings known more than once how he feels about you, especially last night when he appluaded at what Ronald Isley said. And I cannot wait until they do have children.

The Best of the Best....

--Hip Hop 25 years performance-show the young kats how it is done.
--Monique!!!!!
--Alicia Keys
--Ludacris with Stand Up- it was all about the mood!!!

The Worst of the Worst.....
--G-Unit- pick a part and go from there!!!!!
--Raven and Tracee Ellis Ross- why were they there???
--Carmelo Anthony- Lebron would have made it
Old 07-01-2004, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

wait

Was I the only one who saw that Kanye West mom outfit looked like it came from a 99 cent thrift store.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
…and the Ultra Hot Ghetto Mess Award goes to

Rick James for looking like the lead singer of Sexual Chocolate! Did you notice that he had on a dark brown (what is that velvet?) suit with rhinestones and a ruffled shirt? When he came strutting down that aisle, I didn’t know that it was him. It sure sounded like him but I thought that he and his wife were still in jail. That may explain why he looked pasty. That or he’s still on the pipe. My money is on the pipe. He also has “dunlop disease” since his stomach dunlopped over the TWO belts that he was wearing!

I really enjoyed the show in spite of the BS moments.

Favorites
* Monique was awesome. I loved her opening number. I also enjoyed her playing with Denzel. Mmm…Denzel Loved it when she told Ying, or was it Yang, to spell it.
* The Isley Brothers. Period
* Grandmaster Melly Mel – Good Guggah Muggah!!!
* 25th anniversary celebration in general was awesome!
* India Arie was fabulous. I enjoyed her rendition of Georgia
* Kanye West and Yolanda Adams did their thing!

WTF
* Elephant Man – Was he speaking English?
* Tracey Ross and Raven – What genius put them together?
* 99 Problems just went to 100 problems because that isht was messed up
* Their Crunkness the Ying Yang Twins and the girls with no home training
Old 07-02-2004, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

LisaRaye and Brandy

I did not see whatever went doen between them but read LisaRaye got bent out shape because Brandy called her Lisa. Funniest commentary I have read on that... from the BET messgeboard-
Quote:
Yeah, and Brandy should have represented instead of acting like the first season's MOESHA... LISAWHO? I'm BRANDY, B@%&*!!!!!

Last edited by Kimmie1913; 07-02-2004 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: LisaRaye and Brandy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmie1913
I did not see whatever went doen between them but read LisaRaye got bent out shape because Brandy called her Lisa. Funniest commentary I have read on that... from the BET messgeboard-
Well, it was on the "AfterParty" with Jackee Reid. Brandy, LisaRaye, Jamie Foxx, etc. were sitting around talking about outfits. Brandy stated something along the lines of liking Lisa's outfit. LisaRaye went off on Brandy. She went into a rant about being called LiasRaye, NOT Lisa. Brandy repeatedly apologized beause she felt like she had deeply offended LisaRaye. LisaRaye kind of blew it off and pretended that all was cool, but she had already shown her azz and tried to make Brandy look stupid. She just has TOO much attitude. LisaRaye, you are NOT that hot!! Granted, she looks good for her age, but she is not a major player in Hollywood. When you get a series on a REAL network or a REAL movie deal instead of those ghetto indie movies, THEN you can get crunk with people.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I missed the part where she got crunk but I saw Brandy apologizing. What did LISA say to her?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: LisaRaye and Brandy

Quote:
Originally posted by RedefinedDiva
When you get a series on a REAL network or a REAL movie deal instead of those ghetto indie movies, THEN you can get crunk with people.
You ain't lied, ROFLOL!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
When you get a series on a REAL network or a REAL movie deal instead of those ghetto indie movies, THEN you can get crunk with people.
I am in tears over this comment. It is so true.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee

Quote:
Well, it was on the "AfterParty" with Jackee Reid. Brandy, LisaRaye, Jamie Foxx, etc. were sitting around talking about outfits. Brandy stated something along the lines of liking Lisa's outfit. LisaRaye went off on Brandy. She went into a rant about being called LiasRaye, NOT Lisa. Brandy repeatedly apologized beause she felt like she had deeply offended LisaRaye. LisaRaye kind of blew it off and pretended that all was cool, but she had already shown her azz and tried to make Brandy look stupid. She just has TOO much attitude. LisaRaye, you are NOT that hot!! Granted, she looks good for her age, but she is not a major player in Hollywood. When you get a series on a REAL network or a REAL movie deal instead of those ghetto indie movies, THEN you can get crunk with people.
Lisa (no, I don't feel like typing her WHOLE name) needs to pump her dayum breaks!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

For those who haven't seen the entire show (like myself), the repeat of the repeat air THIS Tuesday night...FYI!
Old 08-15-2004, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
For those who haven't seen the entire show (like myself), the repeat of the repeat air THIS Tuesday night...FYI!
Dammit. I am still going to miss it. I don't get off of work until 8. . . darn blasted BET.