Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,405
0 members and 1,405 guests
No Members online

Old 02-29-2004, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Whats Up Omega Phi Alpha?

Hello,

I bring you greetings from the Men of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, Inc. I'm a member of the Psi Phi Chapter at Tennessee State University. Stop by our page and sign our guestbooks. Also stop throgh the Alpha Phi Omega forum as well.

http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/psiphi
Old 02-29-2004, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaChick03 Send a message via Yahoo to DeltaChick03
Smile

Well howdy men of APO! I hope you are on better terms with your OPA chapter, than we are w/our APO chapter. But I am not one to judge, and you seem nice, so the least I can do is say hi back!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, thank you very much Deltachick. We dont have OPA here but Im cool with any org. "affiliated" with Alpha Phi Omega.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Good to know. How is your semester shaping up? I know our chapter here is staying quite busy. I recently went to Alum, as I am graduating soon, but I stay active when i can, as I miss all of those girls, just don't have the time to put in all the required hours. We just had our "Make for the Lake" Crush Weekend, and that was a blast. What sort of events do yall have lined up?
Old 03-12-2004, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaChick03
Good to know. How is your semester shaping up? I know our chapter here is staying quite busy. I recently went to Alum, as I am graduating soon, but I stay active when i can, as I miss all of those girls, just don't have the time to put in all the required hours. We just had our "Make for the Lake" Crush Weekend, and that was a blast. What sort of events do yall have lined up?
what is a "crush weekend"?

X
Old 03-12-2004, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you know what a crush party is? It was basically our crush party, but we decided to spread it out & have more fun, w/a weekend full of events.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xtc
what is a "crush weekend"?

X
what is a crush party?
Old 03-16-2004, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Thats what Im trying to figure out.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow - you have never heard of a crush party?! Sure you are in a frat? Anyways, a crush party is where your "crush" is invited to come. Sometimes they know who it is, if they are your bf/gf of course, or you are dating - sometimes they have an idea, and if you are really brave - they are clueless you like them! If they like you back, they come and be your date for the night. And if they come on the notion of finding who likes them - well who knows what could happen! In the past for Crush Parties, we have done a Tailgate Party/Midnight Yell, Paintball, This place called Tombstone TX, which is a mock old west town where we had a dj & all - that sort of stuff. Very similar to a date party.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow - you have never heard of a crush party?! Sure you are in a frat? Anyways, a crush party is where your "crush" is invited to come. Sometimes they know who it is, if they are your bf/gf of course, or you are dating - sometimes they have an idea, and if you are really brave - they are clueless you like them! If they like you back, they come and be your date for the night. And if they come on the notion of finding who likes them - well who knows what could happen! In the past for Crush Parties, we have done a Tailgate Party/Midnight Yell, Paintball, This place called Tombstone TX, which is a mock old west town where we had a dj & all - that sort of stuff. Very similar to a date party.
please pardon my ignorance. i attended an Historically Black University and we have never heard of such. we would always receive catalogs with greek paraphernalia, and we would always see things like hayrides, and toga and things like that, but we've only seen shit like that in the movies, and i was like wow this stuff really goes on. ever since then i have been interested in what happens at larger universities. then i saw a shirt that said crush party, and i was like "what the f#ck is a crush party?". thanks for breaking it down, ive been waiting for three years to find that out. sounds like a nice idea.

mario

p.s. : what the f*ck is a midnight yell?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Lol -it's cool. I was just messing with you. I understand people all over have different tradtions. OPA is not a social sorority, but service instead. So we don't do the same things as a social sorority would. But we do like to have fun.

I go to TX A&M in College Station, TX. A&M is built on its tradtions. Different things include the Corps of Cadets, Silver Taps (which is held for the passing of our students), Football is HUGE here, and people actually have mixed views on Greek Life. Also, when you walk by a person on campus, we say Howdy. Just another tradtion. We also have wildcats, which are yelled at football games, Midnight Yell, and events, and different wildcats denote different Classyears - Fish, Soph, Jr, or Sr. Midnight Yell is held on the Friday night before a home football game, at of course midnight. Everyone fills the stadium, and our yell leaders (all male - we don't have cheerleaders) pump up the home crowd to cheer on the football team the next day. Then, when it is over, all the lights go out, and we mug down, or make out with our date. Everyone does it! IF you are single, you hold up a lighter in hopes another single person will mug down with them - never happens.

Well that is all I have for now. Hope this helps some!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol -it's cool. I was just messing with you. I understand people all over have different tradtions. OPA is not a social sorority, but service instead. So we don't do the same things as a social sorority would. But we do like to have fun.

I go to TX A&M in College Station, TX. A&M is built on its tradtions. Different things include the Corps of Cadets, Silver Taps (which is held for the passing of our students), Football is HUGE here, and people actually have mixed views on Greek Life. Also, when you walk by a person on campus, we say Howdy. Just another tradtion. We also have wildcats, which are yelled at football games, Midnight Yell, and events, and different wildcats denote different Classyears - Fish, Soph, Jr, or Sr. Midnight Yell is held on the Friday night before a home football game, at of course midnight. Everyone fills the stadium, and our yell leaders (all male - we don't have cheerleaders) pump up the home crowd to cheer on the football team the next day. Then, when it is over, all the lights go out, and we mug down, or make out with our date. Everyone does it! IF you are single, you hold up a lighter in hopes another single person will mug down with them - never happens.

Well that is all I have for now. Hope this helps some!
i can only imagine what it means to "mug down" with somebody.

that sounds really interesting. being a part of alpha phi omega, we also lean towards service, but we love to have fun and socialize more than the social frats. thanks for sharing the info, it sounds really interesting. i am from texas and i know a lot of people that went to Texas A&M. i just thought that new orleans would be a bit more fun for me.

i hate to keep asking questions, but what is a campus crawl?

mario
Old 03-23-2004, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Not a problem - glad to be of help. No a campus crawl - I am not 100% sure of. I heard of them before at other universities, but A&M has never done one. There is the "Northgate Crawl" here. Northgate is at the end North end of own campus, and it has a line of bars. When you turn 21, if you are brave, or a man, you try to do the Northgate crawl, which means you try to drink your way through Northate. And no one makes it easy on you. So if you can do it, by the end you are literally crawling.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not a problem - glad to be of help. No a campus crawl - I am not 100% sure of. I heard of them before at other universities, but A&M has never done one. There is the "Northgate Crawl" here. Northgate is at the end North end of own campus, and it has a line of bars. When you turn 21, if you are brave, or a man, you try to do the Northgate crawl, which means you try to drink your way through Northate. And no one makes it easy on you. So if you can do it, by the end you are literally crawling.
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!