GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 766
0 members and 766 guests
No Members online

Old 01-01-2004, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool alumnae associations

Hey all, with the new year, I would really like to see the MetroDPhiE AA become chartered. For the most part, we have been a "social organization" this year. We have such a large turnout at the meetings, probably because it is a city. I have planned a pre-organizational meeting to discuss an agenda with 5 of the more active and involved sisters of the group for in January. I then would like to have another meeting where "anyone" comes, we vote on positions, all that kind of stuff. It is hard though!!! Any suggestions from any of you who have "been here" would be appreciated. It seems like whenever we have our monthly dinner meetings 15++ people show up, eat, leave and no "business" is discussed. Does anyone have "seperate" business meetings? Since we are alumnae, I don't want to overwhelm anyone and make people feel "obligated" to go to stuff. Thanks Allison
Old 01-04-2004, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Allison,
I think I have a new alum who may be interested in attending your meetings. I've been trying to get her to go!

Pm me and I will give you her info!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
We have business meetings once a quarter, so to speak. A member hosts it at their home, and we don't get as great a turnout as we do for our social functions, but usually enough to get through the business. Allison, as long as you have 10 dues paying members, you're ready to be chartered. If you have folks coming to social stuff, tell them about dues, and get their $10. Once you have that, you're golden!!
Old 01-05-2004, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
We're going to have a business meeting next week to settle some things and make some decisions about chartering.

I have questions that I hope you can answer. If we charter, are we required to send someone to convention? How do you handle your Alumnae Association dues? Do you have a bank account? Do you have local dues? You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I can answer one of those questions--you are not required to send anyone to Convention but it is desirable. Maybe someone from your chapter will already be attending as a volunteer and can serve as the delegate from your group.

As an aside--a vote will be going out to all collegiate and alumnae chapters to change the chartered alumnae association vote from 1/2 to one whole vote. And chartered alumnae associations will be seated during Grand Chapter at Convention as delegates if a representative is present.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for your answer Heather17.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Cream dear As Heather said, sending someone to convention would be good, but not required. I know that I will be at Convention, and if they need anything for our alumnae association, I can sit in that seat. As for dues, our dues are $30 a year...$10 of which immediately goes to HQs, and the other $20 goes into our bank account for administration. We do have a bank account at a local bank under the association's name, and our director of finance is in charge of that. The $20 local dues pays for things like our local alumnae panhellenic dues, any postage we do for mailings, etc.

Hope that helps ya dear

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
We're going to have a business meeting next week to settle some things and make some decisions about chartering.

I have questions that I hope you can answer. If we charter, are we required to send someone to convention? How do you handle your Alumnae Association dues? Do you have a bank account? Do you have local dues? You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

That does help. Thanks.

We have a 'business' meeting next week instead of our usual social dinner. I just want to bring some ideas to the table.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the great info I hope we get a lot of "business" taken care of at our meeting tonight. Allison
Old 01-12-2004, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a very productive planning meeting this evening And we're going to charter! we're going to charter! i am very excited. be on the lookout for the next "official" DPhiE alumnae association Allison