Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Miles5566
» Online Users: 1,494
1 members and 1,493 guests
willTic

Old 12-12-2003, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Boy & Friend Drama

As drama free as I try and keep my life, some snuck in. I have a situation with my friend, and a guy she likes. I introduced a coworker to my dear friend, and they started dating. It didn't work out but we have all remained fiendly and social. He has a ot of male friends so it has provided us ladies with a new pool of potential.

Every Wednesday we go to the same bar as they have inexpensive drinks, decent atmosphere, and we know the staff. One of the guys a different friend fancies, and we see him there every week. Last Saturday my coworker invited us to a party at his house, and three of us ladies went. The guy my friend fancies was there, and rather intoxicated, and being silly. On the walk home she was saying how much she liked him etc. Wednesday two of us go out again, and as he was on the clock he came by our table over and over again. My friend thinks that he may be interested in me because he stopped to talk to me quite a few times. Of course my other friend likes him.

Last night we had enough of studying and went to eat and play pool. Since it was free pool night for ladies, EVERYONE was there. We ate our food visited with friends, and an hour later we got a table. He showed up with his friends and came over to us, but only talked to me. They wanted to get a table and play doubles, but there was a waiting list. They left to points unknown on Main Street. We were on our way home and saw one of his friends walking in the slush and gave him a ride. After we dropped him off my friend said she doesn't like him anymore because he never talks to her.

So I feel bad because she likes him, and I think he digs me. Can I in good conscience ever get to know him? And if not, do I say "look I do find you interesting, *but* my friend likes you and I won't do that to her". She kind of has some strange dramatic "situation" she barely talks about, so it isn't as if she is 100% available herslef. The best I came up with is to find her a new crush to distract her, and see if that guy is interested in me before i say anything to her or him.

Comments, Suggestion, Advice?
Old 12-12-2003, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm definitely not an expert here by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I would agree with what you said you've come up with.

See if the guy really is interested in you before you say anything. From what you've said, it seems he isn't interested in her.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I talked to a guy at work and he said to pretty much forget about ever seeing this guy (if he is interested) if my friend is single, and expect to still be friends with her. I just wish she had the confidence and self esteem to get out and talk to more guys, and she'd find someone great.

I just can't help being the charming sex bomb I am, it really *is* a curse
Old 12-13-2003, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Hootie & SmartBlonde

We ran into him tonight as he was working the door. He was friendly but he wasn't. I won't go there unless I get confirmation he is interested.

Someone else bought me a drink and yet another person asked me to go out this week, so it isn't a great loss.

I am so proud of my friend, she talked to some grad student, got his name, and totally worked him, so it may work out after all.