GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 984
0 members and 984 guests
No Members online

Old 10-10-2000, 02:58 PM
S

Question ideas for a sneak

Does anyone have any great ideas for a pledge sneak...sort of like a scavenger hunt, etc. I'd appreciate any stories or ideas that you guys have done. Thanks
Old 10-10-2000, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Unregistered person,

What kind of response did you think you would get from this post?

------------------
We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction.

Aesop c550 BC
Old 10-10-2000, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

What is a pledge sneak?

Is it like big sis/bro revealing?
Old 10-10-2000, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

MIDWESTDIVA:

why did you address your reply to :'unregistered person'? The person named themself 'S'.

The way you spoke to this person was soo condescending. I was under the impression that anyone could ask a question in this forum. The way I see it; if a question is inappropriate or deemed 'out of order' surely it should just be ignored?

There's no need to be rude to someone. I am under the impression that sorority girls are 'Ladies' and I thought Ladies were polite.

Why do some people in this forum feel the need to be rude and condescending when someone asks an inappropriate question? Maybe they don't know it's inappropriate and that's not their fault.

Sorry MIDWESTDIVA, it's not just you; maybe you didn't mean it like that and if you didn't then I am very sorry. This just seems to come up quite a lot in here and I really wanted to say something.

[This message has been edited by Scotsgirl (edited October 10, 2000).]
Old 10-11-2000, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scotsgirl:
[b]MIDWESTDIVA:

why did you address your reply to :'unregistered person'? The person named themself 'S'.

'S' is an unregistered person.

The way you spoke to this person was soo condescending. I was under the impression that anyone could ask a question in this forum. The way I see it; if a question is inappropriate or deemed 'out of order' surely it should just be ignored?

This unregistered person has already asked the very same question using a different name. It was already made clear to this person, that the kind of activities he/she is looking for details about, are usually considered hazing. Now, what Greek is going to post specific information about the hazing they may do the others? None. That is why i asked "S" what kind of response did he/she expect to receive.

There's no need to be rude to someone. I am under the impression that sorority girls are 'Ladies' and I thought Ladies were polite.

I am not a sorority girl, however I am most definitely a lady. In this case I am a very condescending lady.

Why do some people in this forum feel the need to be rude and condescending when someone asks an inappropriate question? Maybe they don't know it's inappropriate and that's not their fault.

I have no doubts that "S" knew that this question was inappropriate.

Now, I ask questions also. Noone has been condescending to me and I really appreciate it. But then again, I don't ask anyone to expose information about the hazing they do.

Also, I have a problem with some of the unregistered users. Not all, but some. Mainly the ones that don't know how to behave.

------------------
We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction.

Aesop c550 BC
Old 10-11-2000, 12:33 AM
S

I did not intend for this question to be offending to anyone or to come across that I was intersted in hazing that occurs. This pledge sneak is not meant to be any form of hazing. I am sorry if anyone was under that impression. I was simply looking for ideas for the sneak. Because it was not my intention, I do not feel that it was necessary to be attacked for trying to get information about hazing that does occur within greek systems. I did previously post a similar question like this one. The reason that I re-posted it was because I was trying to change the question so that people would realize that I was not trying to get at hazing ideas. I do not belienve that anyone affiliated with the greek system would be interested in that. Therefore, I want to apoligize for coming across that way but also to acknowledge that I do not think it is right that people simply asking a question are attacked.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
When we did our sneak, it was quite fun. Since the new members met at the same time as chapter, then joined chapter for the general session, it was easy to plan.

We swore our new member advisor to secrecy and during chapter, snuck out of our meeting room. We left clues both on and off-campus that led to our final location. We timed how long it should take the members to follow the clues (they were left within a pretty small radius of campus) and left instructions that they should't arrive before a specific time. Not only did that give us time to decorate the room, but it insured that the members didn't speed around town.

We ended up at a local Greek hangout and treated the initiated members and advisors to pizza and performed a skit - kind of like a celebrity roast. All in good fun.

Barb
Old 10-11-2000, 10:23 AM
S

thanks Barb. That is the type of ideas I had in mind
Old 10-12-2000, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I've never heard of that! I wish I had when I was pledging. I am very happy we were a local when I pledged!