GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,198
1 members and 1,197 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-16-2003, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Post NYC All-Greek Rooftop Party

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 19th
5:30-8:00 pm
FOURTH ANNUAL ALL-GREEK ROOFTOP PARTY AT THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART

Cost of the event is Free, but there is a SUGGESTED donation to enter the museum.
After-Work attire
Rooftop Garden of the Metropolitan Museum of Art,1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street

WE WILL GATHER BY THE SOUTH BAR AND THE GIANT TROWEL SCULPTURE

This is the ORIGINAL All-Greek Party!! Invite your friends and coworkers, Greeks and non-Greeks alike for this after-work cocktail party on the rooftop of the Met overlooking Central Park.

Please note that this event is NOT associated with the Met, pls do not call them -- should there be rain or a chance of rain, you can call the Met and ask them if the roof will be open - they will not be able to tell you if the gathering is still taking place. Should the roof be closed that evening, the event will be moved to Mustang Grill on 2nd Avenue between 84th and 85th Streets

Please look for All Greek Director Chris Giannotti who can be reached on cell: (PM me for the #)

Pls do not reply to this message, should you have any questions,
contact either Heather Masciotti at heather.masciotti@gs.com or call Chris directly on the cell phone number above.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

ZTAMich, did you go? How was it?
Old 09-26-2003, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
The roof was actually closed that evening even tho the weather had cleared up by the evening. I forgot to bring the address of the other place with me so I didn't go. I hear tho that there were many more girls than guys there and not too much mixing. Oh well. The panhellenic events have always been fun.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I went to the Met, and it was closed for the hurricane, as ZTAMich reported. I went to Mustang, didn't see anyone I knew, so I left after 6:30.

The picnic on Sunday was much better.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Cream, you missed us! It was waaay too hot in that room, so my roommates and I went to the bar and sat for a while (we were there around 6:30 until about 8). The drinks were cheap.

I missed the picnic, because my flaky teacher decided to schedule a walking tour of lower Manhattan that day on the spur of the moment.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin03
Cream, you missed us! It was waaay too hot in that room, so my roommates and I went to the bar and sat for a while (we were there around 6:30 until about 8). The drinks were cheap.

I missed the picnic, because my flaky teacher decided to schedule a walking tour of lower Manhattan that day on the spur of the moment.
There was a room? I just walked around the bar for a while, didn't see anyone I recognized, and left. One of my alumnae showed up apparently minutes after I left. Oh well.

So did you have fun?