» Online Users: 1,321
0 members and 1,321 guests
No Members online

Old 03-25-2003, 05:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Wes_517 Send a message via Yahoo to Wes_517
New Hegemon Manual

Do you guys use the new hegemon manual?

(as opposed to the old old one (2001 or before), or making up your own education program)

What about Knights of Classic Lore and Order of the Founders?
Old 03-25-2003, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
I have no idea if my chapter uses the new hegemon manual. But even when I was an undergrad we did KCL and OF.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tkeos443 Send a message via Yahoo to tkeos443
We follow the manual we do everythingfrom KCL to Order of the Founders and we were the chapter that created the TKExpierence
Old 03-25-2003, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

what types of things do you require for KCL and the Order?

Some chapters i've seen take it as a really high honor, like only a few people actually reach KCL, like less than 5% of the chapter at any given time, some chapters just have the set, you do this this and this and your there, some do a discussion among wither MQB or their Exec Board and decide from there, some have like general guidelines like one that i personally like is

Be able to put in writing how you personally helped another Frater reach the next level of fraternal achievement.

(i.e. what you specifically did to help a new member become an active, an active make it to the Order, or a member of the Order make it to a Knight)

then some chapters will buy you the dangle for KCL, but you buy your own lettergaurd, tell me about what your chapters do.

the reason i ask is pretty soon planning on helping a chapter out here get this set up, trying to find what works best for different chapters, and kinda combine all the goods so they get goin and latch onto it.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
ZN only requires you be active a certain amout of years. If you were inactive for any reason you don't get it. Basically a rewardfor the guys that stay active and keep their dues current. You would be suprized how few people actaully reach that goal.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

active for a certain amount of years? like 3 or 4 years active?

the situation that i can see in that is what if a really good guy joins like myself, second semester sophomore year, or like Greg Roskopf, (at IHQ) who joined first semester Junior year...

if it was a yearly setup, neither of us could have probably gotten it since we both graduated in the normal 4.5 years, even though us and another frater, who joined with Greg and is now in military intellegence training, were the forerunners of what TKE stands for in the chapter. don't get me wrong, there were/are other guys in the chapter that also stand up for what TKE really means and did alot of making things how they should be, but there is incredible strength in members that join TKE later in their collegete years and i personally don't think a yearly active setup would be the optimal setup.

by setting it up by achievements with guidelines, like a junior or senior by college standards (credit hours or whatever), we were able to keep it to the upperclassmen, but also make it possible for people who joined late, and in some cases, would have joined sooner if it wasn't for the apathy of the chapter in following up in rush... (the reason i say that is i signed the rush book 5-6 times before anyone called me... and over a year after the first time i was interested but wanted more info...)
Old 03-25-2003, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah I believe it was a 3 years.