GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,090
0 members and 1,090 guests
No Members online

Old 02-10-2003, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Vision statement (please beat up)

I have a draft vision statement. Evidently I cannot post an attachment on this forum. I would like to get some feedback on it but I'm reluctant to paste it in here due to the restriction on attachments. So, if anyone would like a copy emailed please email me at dfranpelej@msn.com.

It is only one page. The idea was not to confuse 'vision' with any other type of material, like regulations, constitution, business practices, etc.

I've read a few founding vision documents on the web, and found most to be quite exhaustive and frankly many read more like advertisement than statements of fundamental principals.

There seems to be a trend toward making some sort of distinguishing declaration in vision documents, some defining statements that are evidently intended to state why the start up is different from, and therefore more suited than, other fraternities on campus, or nationally in fulfilling some niche requirement; some social or professional need...

This fraternity that we are founding is different by definition, since it will be based in, but not limited to, the national security distance learning community. However, if you do request a copy you'll see that I've included the key points in context and left out the aggrandizing fluff as it seems superfluous, and frankly pretentious.

The dictionary captures the founding 'vision' of Freemasonry in total "A fraternal society founded on the principals of brotherly love, truth, and mutual relief." I realize I use this analogy quite a bit, but it is hard to argue with success.

Finally, I would especially welcome comments from English majors regarding the matters of format, style and grammar.