» Online Users: 992
3 members and 989 guests
KDKells, naraht

Old 01-11-2003, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ReneeAXO Send a message via Yahoo to ReneeAXO
Smile I want to know my sisters!

rHi ya'll! ,

I was recently blessed and able to join the wonderful AXO sorority at my school (okay, so it wasn't all that recent, but getting to know my sisters has been an ongoing thing that has filled me with love and comfort). i come from a very small family and always wanted that bond. now, my parents are moving to the opposite part of the country, and i'm getting the amazing oppertunity to travel. already i have met so many AXO women that live in my state and it receently made me wonder about the rest i always hear about at rush events, etc.
SO! i'm taking this oppertunity to want to get to know ya'll on a family level.
so what are any of your hopes, dreams, aspirations? what brings you great joy? what really has helped mold you in the chapter that you are in? what have you gained? what have you shared?
~LITB,
ReneeAXO
Old 01-11-2003, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

That is so wonderful to hear how much AXO means to you.
Before I found GC (and my daughter rushed) I can tell you AXO was more a college memory at U of Houston than anything else. I was so wrong.
On this site alone, I have had exchanges with our sisters that are humorous and sad, all the "real stuff" that makes up life can be shared in posts or PMs. Also, I found a sister in a volunteer group I am in. What a surprise to BOTH of us. Plus, its crazy, but
it WAS like an instant ally.

If you haven't already, check out this thread. You will learn much about the AXOs on his site.

http://130.94.21.174/gcforums/showth...threadid=20917
Old 01-12-2003, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

hello!

Welcome! Those are good ?s!

I am Rhonda from St. Louis - now Chicago. Basics, I am 23 and a newspaper reporter. I lived in San Antonio for 6 years, but I know Texas is gigantic.

As far as dreams, I 'd like to write for a featurs or travel section of a large metro newspaper. Now I cover crime for the 3rd largest paper in my state, so I am working my way up. I just have to pay my dues, as they say, and get that ever valuable experience. I would also like to have a family, one to two children max, with a husband (whose cute and strong and ... I have not met him yet! ) and a horse, preferable a 16 h Thouroughbred cross who I can mold into an awesome hunter/jumper.

My friends and family make me happy - I love the feeling after leaving a 80s club after a girls nite out when its freezing out and all my friends race to the car and go grab a hot chocolate or italian ice from a 24 hour coffee shop , or a similar experience. The same is when I get to see my family when I fly back to Missouri and get off the plane. I always seem to have so much to tell them and I want to know about their lives. Working out, the beach (Ok, Lake Michigan) and traveling also make me happy - as does shopping, which can be my downfall!

As far as AXO, I joined a chapter that at my school was just beginning. It was the sorority that some people snubbed at first, but said later they wished they would have joined. That attitude coupled with the awesome sense of sisterhood you could feel through rush at this chapter and the diversity of the girls make me join. Being a part of something so new and so exciting was a great feeling. I was on executive board twice, as well as had other positions and worked hard, but our chapter struggled in a shaky greek environment on my campus. Its a long story. Our school lost three nationals in three years; My last year (I was away at an internship) we surrendered our charter. But my chapter has molded me into a strong person, who values and sees things as they really are. Its challenged me to look beyond the physical and to strive for the best for me. Its also taught me what sisterhood is and isn't. WIth my sisters, I have shared much that everyone has - heartache over guys, nights out, building a habitat house and other philanthropy, formals, chapters, ritual, classes, dinners, cramming for big tests, working out at the recreation center, running around campus lake. Now after colllege, I joined the alumnae group here, Alpha Alpha, went on exec board and have been active here. I truly look as AXO as a lifetime experience.

So, I have written a novel!! Hope that helps!

Last edited by alphachiohmy; 01-12-2003 at 10:57 AM.