Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,663
2 members and 1,661 guests
60αρης Ηράκλειο

Old 10-24-2002, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rock Knobbster
Cool National Leadership

I want to get brothers talking about the leadership at the national level. The Grand Council will go through a lot of change in 2003 and we have a new Executive Director. What do you, the members, expect and want from our leadership? What is the biggest problem facing Delta Sig today and what would you suggest we do about it?
Old 12-15-2002, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope this thread hasn't gone by so long that you left Rock Knobster.

I feel that each chapter has their own individual problems, but my one concern is membership on the National level. I have noticed and I read somewhere that our numbers nationally have gone down in recent years. What factors have contributed to this drop in membership, and what is being done about it?

I'm also wondering about the treatment of individual chapters by the national office itself. I feel that us west coast chapters are a lot more liberal in terms of operation and ritual compared to our brothers elsewhere. What I mean is that if a chapter out west is low on numbers compared to our midwest chapters for instance, I'd hope that our nationals won't think that that west chapter is weak in any way.

I know Gamma Alpha is going to be rebuilding for a while, so as our numbers may be low compared to the other greeks at SDSU, I'd hope that does not show any sign of inability or what not.

I'll wait for your response before I ask what can be done for my chapter.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rock Knobbster
Cool

Thanks for your reply. The first thing we need to do is get members around the country using technology to share ideas and form a concensus of what National should be doing.

Second, we need to get members involved in the process by attending convention and running for the leadership positions that matter. I believe the National organization exists to serve the members, not vise versa.

No doubt you will see some change with Jon Hockman gone. I think there is a push on for expansion and not closing chapters. Unfortunately, we went through a period where some people thought we'd be better off without our "weaker" chapters.

At one point Delta Sig had more chapters in California than any other fraternity; however, we've been decimated out here. We need to reverse the trend. We need to figure out how to compete in the diverse markets of the UC and Cal State schools.

Get Gamma Alpha involved. Go to the Regional Leadership Academy in Las Vegas next year. Get someone to convention. Get together with your SoCal chapters and let's make Delta Sig great again. "...as a National fraternity we are powerful!"

Thanks again and kudos on the great new house. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Are there any thoughts of recolonizing any of the cali chapters that have been closed?