Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,377
3 members and 1,374 guests
John, Phrozen Sands, Xidelt

Old 11-29-2002, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zphi06
Question ungerground lines

Do any of your chapters hold underground lines? (where the only people who know who your mc's are the sponsor, advisors, music faculty, and nationals) i know that most of the historically black schools do it, and i think it's a good idea. i think it will give them more respect for the organization. this is the first year that we're going to "try" to do it...we're letting the mc's choose whethter or not they want to do it...and it would only be until 1st ritual...when they get pinned we'd let them "come out." what are ya'lls ideas on this?
Old 11-29-2002, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Euterpe813
Question

This sounds interesting, but how does it work? Don't you hold teas for interested people to come to? I would think that'd show who they were. Plus, for our pledge process, our MC's have to get all the active sisters' interviews and 100 service points, so they kind of have to be out in public. Anyone who's done this, how does it add to the MC process? I've never heard of it.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
I know its basically just our chapter, cos were in a major hick town, but we get so dang confused with the whole line thing... we go to districts and are like "huh!???!" Im guessing a line is an MC class?! Soooo confused...

Clarion, where your brother's your sister and your sister's your brother!
(we have a blood related brother and sister, the boy is a TBS sister and the girl is a KKPsi brother!)

Our slogan at districts was: Delta Omicron, we got cows!
Old 11-30-2002, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zphi06
how it works

1st to angelphisig.....yes, a mc class is a "line"....and the other people in the mc class are your ls's, or line sisters...while the kky pledge class or "line" that is going at the same time are your lb's...line brothers.

ok, back to the underground thing....we do have a formal tea where the interested people go. when we give them their bids, we tell them not to tell anyone. of course we have other people ask who all get bids. we just simply say we haven't given them out yet. as to the interviews and things...they are all done in private, and the service projects can come later, after first degree when they "come out"...this is the first year that we're trying this, so i'm anticipating the turn-out. i'm also a zeta, and of course all of our stuff is underground, so i have experience with it...but none of the other sisters do...i can't wait to see if the line will actually keep it a secret. see, my theory is that our organization would be nothing without our secrets (MOTS), and if the line can't keep "the line" a secret, then will they keep anything else?? i guess we'll see what heppens next semester!!
Old 11-30-2002, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RA KISHA PATIN
UNDERGROUND LINES

DO U KNOW EVERY YEAR THEIRS UNDERGROUND LINES. THIS IS NOTHING NEW. How do i feel on doing it. I fell u should do it. THE ONLY THING I WILL SAY IS WHEN U DO IT BE SMART. MAKE SURE THE ONES THAT U CHOOSE TO BE ON LINE REALLY WANT IT. MAKE SURE THEY ARE HUNGRY FOR IT.
BECAUSE ONE FUCK UP ,THEY CAN HAVE YOUR CHAPTER SNATCHED,

MUCH LOVE
SHYS_TAU
FALL 94 ZI