GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Order
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,117
0 members and 1,117 guests
No Members online

Old 04-16-2001, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile interested in KA

Hey guys I am interested in learning more about KA and interested in rushing the chapter here in the fall. I'm going to be a junior next year I hope that doesn't hurt me too much. I went to the IFC smoker back in January and got the info on all of the fraternities here at WCU but i decided that i'd wait till fall to rush. Any general advice would help, I've been to the main web site and to my school's chapter's site, and plus my freshman roomate pledged KA (I had to help him memorize the definition of a gentleman, that was a looooooong week)so i know more than the average future rushee. Basically do i have a chance being a junior and all? Laters Nick
Old 04-27-2001, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey Nick,

I'm not a KA (obviously) but I just wanted to say that I think your interest in Kappa Alpha Order is great! I don't think being a junior will hurt your chances at all. The main thing that matters is the fact that you want to be committed to the fraternity. As long as the chapter knows you're dedicated, I don't see a problem! Good luck! Let us on GC know how it turns out!
Old 04-28-2001, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hey Nick,
I am the President of my chapter. I have been a KA for three years and can honestly say it is the best decision. KA doesn't set out to change anyone. Instead we take born KA's and make them into gentlemen. KAs are men that seek to provide an alternative to school as well as help you increase your academics. We have programs designed to increase your gpa. Many, many things we offer but far too many to list. If you would like to talk more email me. Let me know what school you attend.
Old 11-16-2001, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

It's Been a while...

Hey I know this is an old post but Nick and I share some of the same concerns, and maybe the same school. Anyway, KA is number one on my list just thought i'd check out their forum I'd love to talk to some one if they want. - CowboyDuff
Old 11-28-2001, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: It's Been a while...

Quote:
Originally posted by cowboyduff
Hey I know this is an old post but Nick and I share some of the same concerns, and maybe the same school. Anyway, KA is number one on my list just thought i'd check out their forum I'd love to talk to some one if they want. - CowboyDuff
Hey Cowboy!

Glad to know that you're interested in KA! My baby brother is a KA at Georgia Tech, and I can tell you that they are truly Southern Gentlemen! If you have any questions about the organization that aren't answered by the KA men on GreekChat, feel free to PM me and I'll get the answers from my brother.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ChrisASU21
Greetings,
I (like NickPhillips76) am thinking about possibly joining KA this fall, which I'll be a Junior at Appalachian State. I basically have the same concerns as Nick regarding this fraternity, and I would like to know how rush and initiation is in this fraternity. I would appreciate some info and advice regarding the matter.
Thanks and God bless!

Chris

(Luke 12:48 "To whom much is given, much is required")
Old 05-29-2002, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisASU21
Greetings,
I (like NickPhillips76) am thinking about possibly joining KA this fall, which I'll be a Junior at Appalachian State. I basically have the same concerns as Nick regarding this fraternity, and I would like to know how rush and initiation is in this fraternity. I would appreciate some info and advice regarding the matter.
Thanks and God bless!

Chris

(Luke 12:48 "To whom much is given, much is required")
Chris,

Has anyone replied to your request for info and advice concerning KA rush? If not, please let me know. I'm certainly not a KA and don't pretend to know everything about the Order, but my brother is a Southern Gentleman of Kappa Alpha and I'll be glad to ask him any questions that you have and report back!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RyanQK
its pretty cool to see so many posts by guys that are interested in KA, I recently was initiated myself, and it has been one of the best things to ever happen to me. If I can help answer any questions that someone interested in KA might have, please feel free to email me. rqk01@yahoo.com

Kappa Alpha Order-Zeta Nu Chapter

KA by the grace of God!