Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,343
0 members and 1,343 guests
No Members online

Old 04-14-2000, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Sisterhood Activity Websites

Hi,

We are trying to establish a colony of a national sorority at my university. We are currently in the stage of gathering the first group of girls and organizing activities to help us bond and develop real sisterhood. I know others on this board have asked for advice about ideas and I welcome any openly. But in addition to that, does anyone have any good websites where I can get some good ideas?? Thanks,

Who
Old 04-14-2000, 08:49 AM
Artimis

LaMestriza,

I know you have mentioned that your colonizing a National sorority; however, you still might find many resources for a new organization at Greek Page's Locals Online. The pages offer many resources that cover the different aspects of sisterhood and activites of a sorority. You might also look into contacting the National organization that you wish to colononize and check out the web sites of their local chapters. Sometimes, local sites list calandars of events. They might not explain what goes on but could give a start.

best of luck!
jenn

oops forgot the URL:
www.greekpages.com/LocalsOnline/

------------------
Beta Chapter Alumna and Founder
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies http://alpha-sigma-kappa.ou.edu/ http://www.alpha-sigma-kappa.org

[This message has been edited by Artimis (edited April 14, 2000).]
Old 04-14-2000, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
LaMestriza -

I am in Tallahassee too! In the past 2 years have talked with several women on the FSU campus that wish to bring another national to the campus. Please contact me if you wish to discuss further. My e-mail is: PnguinTrax@aol.com

Barbara
Old 04-15-2000, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Barbara-

How likely is it that Florida State will be getting a new national anytime soon? It's been less than a year since thier Sigma Kappa and Sigma Sigma Sigma chapters shut down.
Old 04-16-2000, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalGirl:
Barbara-

How likely is it that Florida State will be getting a new national anytime soon? It's been less than a year since thier Sigma Kappa and Sigma Sigma Sigma chapters shut down.

Actually there is a fairly good-sized interest group for another NPC sorority. However, the FSU Panhellenic is holding off on any colonization until after Formal Recruitment. Of the 14 houses still on campus, there are a few that are below campus ceiling (120) and until their numbers are up and stable, the PHC does not wish to add another group that may jeopardize existing chapters. However, if the situation stabilizes itself, colonization may happen sometime in 2001. The interest group in question has been told to become a registered student organization and work togther on projects, etc. but cannot call themselves a sorority interst group. The national in whom they are interested has been contacted about the current decision.

The Tri-Sigma and Sigma Kappa alumnae are working hard at including their new alumnae and are hoping to return to campus in 5-7 years. Tri-Sigma has leased their house to AEPi and SAE has taken the Sigma Kappa house for the time being.

Fraternally,
Barbara
VP - Alumnae Panhellenic of Tallahassee
Pr - ZTA Alumnae Chapter-Tallahassee
Old 04-19-2000, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, the organization we are trying to establish doesn't fall under NPC - so that doesn't apply to us. Barbara, what organization are you with? I've been hearing about Omega Phi Chi.

Asia