GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,142
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, CalderTide
» Online Users: 1,272
4 members and 1,268 guests
FSUZeta, Xidelt

Old Today, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
One of my colleagues collects watches. He wears almost a different watch every other day. People have some really interesting collectibles. I don’t get the why behind some of the things I’ve seen people collect, but I read your posts about your real cars you drive and the models you collect. Do you have a favorite car? A favorite model?
That’s a difficult question for me, because there are so many cars I see as groundbreakers. Nailing it down to just one is hard. Even the Duesenberg Model J cars from the late 20s are just beautiful. I guess I’d have to say it’d be the 1961 Aston Martin DB4. But a 1970 Lamborghini Miura SV is absolutely gorgeous, too. Unlike the SV though, the styling on the early Miura and Miura S, its “eyelashes” alone are also very sexy and alluring. There’s so many. But I’d have to give the DB4 the edge because I love classic, British cars and the Aston Martin brand. Plus, classic British cars are more visceral, to me, which is what I appreciate about them.

With my models there are some that have sentimental value — ones bought for me as gifts from family. Those can’t be replaced if something were to happen to those. As for my favorite one, I’d probably narrow that down to either my 1956 Chrysler 300B, 1957 Chrysler 300C, or 1992 Rolls Royce Corniche IV. I like my 1969 Dodge Super Bee with the A12 package, too (sick model). Sentimental value models are at the top, but my favorites narrow down to those four. I can’t pick just one.

I hear you on collectibles. Another dentist my brother works with collects Sonic the Hedgehog memorabilia. And my brother collects pens and sports memorabilia. He’s narrowed that down to just pens now though. I don’t think my sister-in-law would go for him collecting both. 😂

Last edited by PrettyBoy; Today at 11:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Old Today, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

PB is passionate about cars. I’d like to see how he drives IRL. I’d probably feel sorry for anybody who has to ride with him as a passenger Lol.
Old Today, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'm hoping to find something fully remote so I have more flexibility!
Ohhh, I see now, Dee. I misunderstood your original post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
PB is passionate about cars. I’d like to see how he drives IRL. I’d probably feel sorry for anybody who has to ride with him as a passenger Lol.
Hmm.. well, let’s see. I’m thinking…

Him IRL
https://youtu.be/w10yuSGImWg?si=ppDmD7Kg_XVOLAle

When the car salesman rides with him
https://youtube.com/shorts/pC9T_kEnD...6m5a3Bpi0tGDgz

When Phrozen Sands rides with him
https://youtu.be/1hIdIniXM_w?si=oAcNaz8zzW4WHCYL

When his poor wife rides with him
https://youtu.be/n1UTX7tBYy4?si=VOjqIpfQ1fC3g-fG
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Today, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: My thoughts on the car talk, I’ve read several articles that electric cars and SUVs are a lot less costly to maintain than gas powered cars. I mean, what could there be mechanically to maintain? They use a battery. I mean, like tires, wiper blades, light bulbs or whatever… small things like that are the only things that I can think of.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024