GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,488
2 members and 1,486 guests
Cookiez17, MSKKG

Old Today, 03:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
lololololololololol!!!
HILARIOUS! I literally laughed out LOUD! My stomach!

Lol! For real though. Does that make sense, CG? And I’m just messing with AGDee, making jokes of it because of how stupid that sounds. I always thought we serve a forgiving God. That Catholic Church isn’t very forgiving. With her divorce, they make it seem like AGDee is 100% the contributor. The dude she was married to contributed to it too. Had to have. That’s why I’ve always been leery about churches like that. Strict as hell, and even more hypocritical. That’s no disrespect to folks who are Catholic on here, but I call bullshit on that.
Old Today, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol! For real though. Does that make sense, CG? And I’m just messing with AGDee, making jokes of it because of how stupid that sounds. I always thought we serve a forgiving God. That Catholic Church isn’t very forgiving. With her divorce, they make it seem like AGDee is 100% the contributor. The dude she was married to contributed to it too. Had to have. That’s why I’ve always been leery about churches like that. Strict as hell, and even more hypocritical. That’s no disrespect to folks who are Catholic on here, but I call bullshit on that.
Ya know, Phrozen, that’s very true. We all fall short and we all need to be thankful for the New Testament where God gives us grace. Some people reject that though. The purpose of going to church is to learn and apply what we learned to our daily lives, although none of us are capable of doing that perfectly. Because of that, it’s never a good thing to ostracize someone in the church.

But your joking about their rules is hilarious! I swear, I laughed so hard! lol.

I’m up getting ready for church now, and I know I’ll probably be thinking about that post in church and start laughing, lol.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Today, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
Well, I always say time will tell.

Sounds like you two had so much fun, despite the rain.
We did. We also had a lunch/dinner and then came back to my house for a while until he had to drive back to Grand Rapids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lmfao!!! I hollered! Do they keep a record or something that all Catholic Churches can see? You make it sound like they got a list of wrongful doing folks and next to their name is some bullshit.

For example, in alphabetical order: “AGDee - still married/adulterous.”
Lol that’s how your post reads.

Y’all are the gate keepers to sex though. Everybody knows that women control whether dudes will get some or not. That’s why we think with two heads. You can always tell when we start agreeing with everything she says, until we get it. I’ve never been married, but I have sense enough to know that dudes are thinking about getting some booty that night. We’re not thinking about what kind of school to send little Johnny to, we’re thinking about taking that wedding dress off Lol.
I mean, the church maintains records on baptisms, marriages, and the other sacraments (first communion, confirmation, ordination, last rites annn ointing the sick). So it's not like I could just waltz into a Catholic church and get married there. They have the records of the marriage. I ended up getting pregnant right before my second wedding and I changed churches after the wedding because I knew the priest would figure out that my baby came a lot sooner than it should have, given our wedding date. LOL. I straight up started going to a different church.

That said- TKEGuy's church clearly knows he's single and he's really involved with the church so if he was suddenly remarried, they'd know. I want to buy a lakehouse so even if we moved in together, I'd always have another address I could use. That's not WHY I'd have a second house- I'd have it to enjoy it, but it would be convenient for a lot of reasons!
Old Today, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ya know, Phrozen, that’s very true. We all fall short and we all need to be thankful for the New Testament where God gives us grace. Some people reject that though. The purpose of going to church is to learn and apply what we learned to our daily lives, although none of us are capable of doing that perfectly. Because of that, it’s never a good thing to ostracize someone in the church.

But your joking about their rules is hilarious! I swear, I laughed so hard! lol.

I’m up getting ready for church now, and I know I’ll probably be thinking about that post in church and start laughing, lol.
Damn, CG! You go to church early as hell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I mean, the church maintains records on baptisms, marriages, and the other sacraments (first communion, confirmation, ordination, last rites annn ointing the sick). So it's not like I could just waltz into a Catholic church and get married there. They have the records of the marriage. I ended up getting pregnant right before my second wedding and I changed churches after the wedding because I knew the priest would figure out that my baby came a lot sooner than it should have, given our wedding date. LOL. I straight up started going to a different church.

That said- TKEGuy's church clearly knows he's single and he's really involved with the church so if he was suddenly remarried, they'd know. I want to buy a lakehouse so even if we moved in together, I'd always have another address I could use. That's not WHY I'd have a second house- I'd have it to enjoy it, but it would be convenient for a lot of reasons!
Lmao @ AGDee knockin the boots before the wedding day. I’d have told the preacher baby came out early Lol.

Why can’t you just say y’all got the wrong AGDee? I never been married. They have your SS# or something?

I’m assuming TKE dude didn’t marry his first wife in the Catholic Church? The other question I have, if you got married and divorced outside of the Catholic Church, would they marry you then? If you and TKE dude got married outside of the Catholic Church since he’s all willy nilly with it, would y’all be able to rejoin as a new married couple? That’s crazy as hell if you can’t.