GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,398
6 members and 1,392 guests
Cranberry, modorney, Sciencewoman

Old 08-26-2002, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking sealing the deal

So many people have mentioned *knowing* what house was for them when they got *that* feeling.

What sealed the deal for you with your chapter?

I didn't go through formal rush, so mine isn't THAT exciting (especially since we didn't do the more touching COB stuff like we do now), but it was when one of our rush chairs at the time came up to me and said she was worried when she didn't see me at some of the other rush events. I already loved all of the girls, but to have the person who was "in charge" not only notice I was missing but also tell me that she was concerned meant a lot, especially when there were a lot of other rushees there. I was worried that they wouldn't want me, so I was sold after that.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

bumping this because I'm bored and at work and have already read all the rush updates.

Please post your story and give me something to read!
Old 08-27-2002, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

My KDs sealed the deal during the Panhell ice cream social. Other sororities tried to recruit me at the bar, which I thought was tacky. The KD sisters took advantage of one of those things considered on our campus to be a "dorky Panhell function" and try and get to know me. Whereas other chapters didn't show up in full force or looked bored, all of the KDs seemed happy to be there and anxious to get to know all of the freshman/transfer women. I just thought that was very cool and fell in love with the sisters!
Old 08-27-2002, 08:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
the AZD's got me during pref when the girl who was rushing me was standing behind me and warned me that she couldn't sing. and in the middle of a song she hit this terrible key and started to giggle and turned bright red. it made me laugh a little too. it showed me that they were real people and not 100% pomp and circumstance.