GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,469
3 members and 1,466 guests
Cookiez17, John
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Banned

SAE Nationally?

Hey, so I've been looking at some fraternities since I've finished all my apps for college and now am waiting for responses. In all honesty, I've heard that SAE frats are the ones that haze the most and are known as the "deadliest frat." Are there any of these chapters at colleges that don't haze as badly and have never been on social probation?
Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm new to this. Thanks
Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you sound stupid. Did you really just put this question in the SAE Forum? Did you really expect them to say, "Yes, we are the 'deadliest' fraternity?" or something like it?

Please.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

This isn't a rumor mill site, so no one here is going to tell you that SAE at XYZ hazes balls. This isn't the appropriate forum for that, nor do I think there really is one.

Even if I knew a chapter haze, I'd never tell anyone. That's their own internal issue and none of my business.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiss View Post
Hey, so I've been looking at some fraternities since I've finished all my apps for college and now am waiting for responses. In all honesty, I've heard that SAE frats are the ones that haze the most and are known as the "deadliest frat." Are there any of these chapters at colleges that don't haze as badly and have never been on social probation?
QFP.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Incidentally, I just met a young alum who was an SAE at University of Maryland. I actually had never met an SAE before and he had such a wide variety of interests, passions, and skills, from hip-hop to grant proposal writing.

I've met and supervised some real Greek humdingers in my day, but this dude would make feel like SAE at UM was a stand-up operation.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Gawker just ran a story about SAE. It's true, they have the most deaths in recent years. But the number is still so small as to be statistically insignificant in comparing fraternities.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Gawker just ran a story about SAE. It's true, they have the most deaths in recent years. But the number is still so small as to be statistically insignificant in comparing fraternities.
And you have to factor in that they're one of the largest fraternities.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I remember being a freshman (not at MTSU) and the pledges from the SAE chapter on that campus ran naked through our dorms in the middle of the night. I was attending a private Christian university so the men's and women's dorms were separated and had locked doors with alarms at the end of each sidewalk. Alarms went off, I looked out the window and can never unsee all the balls I saw running by my window. It was NOT pretty.

On another night several freshmen girls got called (again, in the middle of the night - apparently these guys never slept,) and invited to a fictional party. Each of my roommates had already gotten the call, so by the time I answered I asked what time I should expect him to meet me in the commons area, what I should wear and a ton of other questions. He got flustered and hung up.

No one died though.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiss View Post
I'm gone for a few weeks dealing with grad school and this is the garbage I come back to?!

First of all, SAE has a zero tolerance policy on hazing, as in not only will the members involved get expelled, but the chapter involved will lose its charter. Period, the end. Go directly to GDI, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Our new member handbook (The Phoenix) also has a toll free hazing hotline provided in it for new members to report hazing, anonymously if desired.

You registered on GreekChat and in less than 24 hours of making your mandatory Intro forums post, posted this nonsense, then haven't signed back on since. Only three other people have visited your profile, none of whom have posts credited to them and one of whom has been banned. I'm calling b.s. on this. Banned for trolling and being a tool. Thread closed.