GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 933
0 members and 933 guests
No Members online

Old 09-09-2013, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyanchored View Post
I think we're in the old Alpha Chi Omega suite, next to Alpha Phi's on the back side of the building, but I'm not positive.
The current DG suite at Wash U is indeed the old Alpha Chi Omega suite. The original DG suite in the Women's Building was on the 3rd floor. When Kappa Alpha Theta came back on campus in 1987, they moved into the old DG suite as at the time, the Greek Life Office was in their old suite. When DG was asked to re-colonize in 1990, they were given the old Alpha Chi Omega suite as that chapter had just folded. Up until about 10 years ago, the covers over the radiators in the DG suite still had lyres on them--they were just painted over in all white so you couldn't really tell what they were exactly (unless you knew). When the University started giving money to the chapters to put into their suites independent of any chapter's House Corps, DG had the covers redone with anchors on them.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbear80 View Post
The current DG suite at Wash U is indeed the old Alpha Chi Omega suite. The original DG suite in the Women's Building was on the 3rd floor. When Kappa Alpha Theta came back on campus in 1987, they moved into the old DG suite as at the time, the Greek Life Office was in their old suite. When DG was asked to re-colonize in 1990, they were given the old Alpha Chi Omega suite as that chapter had just folded. Up until about 10 years ago, the covers over the radiators in the DG suite still had lyres on them--they were just painted over in all white so you couldn't really tell what they were exactly (unless you knew). When the University started giving money to the chapters to put into their suites independent of any chapter's House Corps, DG had the covers redone with anchors on them.
Right I remember hearing something about the covers but given that I've only seen them as anchors, I wasn't 100% positive.

Will you be coming back to campus for the centennial celebration in April? All of us actives are so excited for it!

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Just for future reference (and possibly avoiding confusion), no one calls University of Washington, Wash U. Its nickname is U Dub.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.theuncool.com/wp-content/...autorepair.jpg
At last, a local shares some secrets.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyanchored View Post
Right I remember hearing something about the covers but given that I've only seen them as anchors, I wasn't 100% positive.

Will you be coming back to campus for the centennial celebration in April? All of us actives are so excited for it!
I'm not certain yet. I would really like to, but there are a couple of things I still need to consider (such as, $$ and time off from work). While I completely understand having it all on 13 weekend; it is VERY hard for those of us who are not in a reunion year to get hotel rooms--especially since we cannot get any kind of reunion rate and because the rooms are booked with people attending reunion. I have a number of friends in the STL area--but transportation can sometimes become an issue then. I think it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'd like to be there--but it's too hard to know right now!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Active numbers include Fall colonies.

Syracuse 13 inactive, 12 active - 1 closed in spring, AGD recolonized their Alpha, DPhiE in fall

UCLA 11 inactive, 13 active - AGD recolonizing in fall and AXiD in 2016

Ohio State 10 inactive, 14 active- GPhiB will be a recolonization when they come back in 2014
U Minnesota 10 inactive, 11 active - ChiO colony 2013, Phi Mu 2015
LSU 10 inactive, 11 active - APhi recolonized this fall
Wisconsin 10 inactive, 11 active- no change Open for expansion.
U. Penn 10 inactive, 8 active - will have new ADPi chapter Spr 14

U. Oklahoma 9 inactive, 11 active- no change
U. Southern California 9 inactive, 11 active- AGD colonizing this fall
Colorado 9 inactive, 9 active- no change
Ohio U. 9 inactive, 9 active- no change
Wash U. 9 inactive, 8 active- ADDED TO LIST, new chapters AOII 09, KD 13

Michigan 8 inactive, 15 active -AEPhi '08, ZTA '10/ currently open with all groups previously on campus
Cal 8 inactive, 13 active - ZTA was chartered last year
South Carolina 8 inactive, 11 active- new chapters PM 09, AGD 12/ PiPhi recolonizing in 14, new AXiD in 16
Oregon 8 inactive, 10 active- DDD in 08, Theta in 10

MiZZou 7 inactive, 15 active - SSS new chapter in 09, recolonized SK in 12
Texas 7 inactive, 14 active- no change
Boston 7 inactive, 10 active- KD and Theta established new chapters in '10 and '12
West Virginia 7 inactive, 8 active- no change
Emory 7 inactive, 7 active - ADDED TO LIST, 1 closed in 2011

Illinois 6 inactive, 19 active - one closed in 2011 and Phi Sig to colonize this fall, Phi Mu to recolonize '16
Miami Ohio 6 inactive, 17 active- no change. DDD left campus in 09 and recolonized 13
Iowa 6 inactive, 14 active - no change
Michigan State 6 inactive, 14 active -AXiD colony in fall, Phi Mu to recolonize '17
Kansas U. 6 inactive, 13 active- no change
Arizona State 6 inactive, 12 active - 1 re colonization and 1 new chapter on deck
Northwestern 6 inactive, 12 active- no change
Oregon State 6 inactive, 11 active -AOII colony in fall
Pitt 6 inactive, 11 active- no change

Florida State 5 inactive, 17 active - APhi recolonized 2yrs ago, AOII this fall
Maryland 5 inactive, 15 active - AXiD rechartered in 2012
U. Arizona 5 inactive, 12 active - AXO to colonize this fall

Alabama 4 inactive, 17 active - APhi 08, DG '11

I suspect other colleges should be included.
ZTA recolonized at Penn in 2011.