GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,598
1 members and 1,597 guests
luvdovemrh

Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaSig_Eta View Post
And of course I am not responding to every post I come across, I offer information that I think could help and in areas that I have some knowledge.

I am not going to a sorority thread and trying to state info on how to bring a new NPC to a campus, because clearly I have nothing to offer to that discussion.

But, yes I am posting a lot, but only because I just created an account and therefore can now post. But I guess that didn't matter to you, you just wanted to throw a jab my way. I mean, it is the internet and you can anonymously say things (although not so anonymous as you do represent Alpha Sigma Tau) without repercussions.
All I'm saying is that you just joined, while others have been on these boards for years and have learned the unspoken "rules" of the site. Just don't feel like you have to respond to EVERYTHING before you're here for a bit. I learned the hard way too.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
All I'm saying is that you just joined, while others have been on these boards for years and have learned the unspoken "rules" of the site. Just don't feel like you have to respond to EVERYTHING before you're here for a bit. I learned the hard way too.
Wish you would have said that first, but thank you. I will now shut up lol.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaSig_Eta View Post
Wish you would have said that first, but thank you. I will now shut up lol.
Ha, no problem. Feel free to post, but just be careful about swerving into other lanes, and be aware that things that are true for your chapter or campus might not be true elsewhere.

And after you've been here for a bit, you'll get used to all the "rules."

@~/~~~~
Old 02-11-2013, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

The process...

Well, the process varies to tell you the truth. However, having been apart of many complex fraternity membership selections, the following occurs.

While channeling Elvis with a ouija board, the fraternity will decide on the individual member. Yes, he is a brother. No, he is not.
If for some reason Elvis cannot be reached, Richard Nixon, Groucho Marx, River Phoenix and Jim Morrison are suitable alternatives.

Each member is then verified by placing his picture in from of the chapter siamese fighting fish Beta. If the fish flares his gills, he is accepted. If the fish turns away, he is declined. If at anytime, there is a long dangling string of poo from the fish, the man is singled out for pledge class president.

Membership selection is secret. You may think that your question is basic, but, it is not. Hence my response.