Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,228
2 members and 1,226 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 12-28-2012, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Is there anybody out there?

Woah this forum is dead! Thought I would try to bring more activity over here.
How is everyone? Is there anything new in your lives?
I get initiated upon returning from break, I am so excited!!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I'm Kayla, I'm a senior this year! You should be excited! I'm excited for initiation as well. One of my littles is being initiated...and its my last initiation!

I'm really excited for this semester! How are you liking Chi Omega and your school?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I love Chi Omega! I think my sisters are the greatest, but doesn't everyone haha and my big and I are so alike it's funny! I met her in the alto section on my third day at college, then she was my rho gamma, then she was my big. She's a senior, i'm going to miss her

My college is nice, lots of fun things to do. I can't wait to go back for the next semester and start my classes!

what about you? How was your fall semester?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylaxlove View Post
Hey! I'm Kayla, I'm a senior this year! You should be excited! I'm excited for initiation as well. One of my littles is being initiated...and its my last initiation!

I'm really excited for this semester! How are you liking Chi Omega and your school?
Hopefully it won't be your last... I've attended many more initiations as an alumna than I did as a collegian.

Chi Omega for a lifetime.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
I love Chi Omega! I think my sisters are the greatest, but doesn't everyone haha and my big and I are so alike it's funny! I met her in the alto section on my third day at college, then she was my rho gamma, then she was my big. She's a senior, i'm going to miss her

My college is nice, lots of fun things to do. I can't wait to go back for the next semester and start my classes!

what about you? How was your fall semester?
I was my first little's Pi Chi! And then her big. And then I was Pi Chi Chair and she was a Pi Chi. And now she's the new Pi Chi chair!

Fall was great! We had our biggest philanthropy event--Wish Week, as well as a Walk for Wishes. Our semi-formals were held at Auto World, a car museum--which was cool. It was our "Owl Capone" formal...gangster themed. I'm excited for Spring!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
Hopefully it won't be your last... I've attended many more initiations as an alumna than I did as a collegian.

Chi Omega for a lifetime.
Oh, of course!! I want to come back next year! I should have clarified--my last initiation as a collegiate member.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylaxlove View Post
I was my first little's Pi Chi! And then her big. And then I was Pi Chi Chair and she was a Pi Chi. And now she's the new Pi Chi chair!

Fall was great! We had our biggest philanthropy event--Wish Week, as well as a Walk for Wishes. Our semi-formals were held at Auto World, a car museum--which was cool. It was our "Owl Capone" formal...gangster themed. I'm excited for Spring!
What is wish week? We are always looking for cool ideas for our campus. Before formal recruitment, we had a blue out game. I wasn't a member yet haha but I was pretty good friends with some of the girls so I went and it was so cool! All that week they were sitting outside our cafeteria collecting wishes, $1 per wish, and then at the football game that saturday they asked everyone to wear blue and they released blue balloons at halftime. They had raffles and stuff too but I didn't see that part.

Bid day this year was, from what I heard, different than in the past because it was on a day when there was a home football game. That usually doesn't happen, and groups usually go bowling or skating for bid day but this year we had to stay on campus because some of our girls were in band and color guard. We got the community center all day and played games.

Over homecoming weekend, we walked in our schools homecoming parade. Our Alumni came up and it was so cool meeting them because I realized that will be me someday!! And that is the legacy I am carrying on. Also, we had a secret candle ceremony where one of our seniors boyfriends proposed to her!!!! Cutest proposal ever!

We had a team in another sororities dodgeball tournament, and we had a scholarship dinner. My favorite moment this semester was our mixer with one of the fraternities. We went to a haunted house. I've never been to one, and I was more terrified than I ever have been in my life, but at the end I realized I had more fun than I had in a long time.

I can't wait to see what next semester brings!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What is wish week? We are always looking for cool ideas for our campus. Before formal recruitment, we had a blue out game. I wasn't a member yet haha but I was pretty good friends with some of the girls so I went and it was so cool! All that week they were sitting outside our cafeteria collecting wishes, $1 per wish, and then at the football game that saturday they asked everyone to wear blue and they released blue balloons at halftime. They had raffles and stuff too but I didn't see that part.

Bid day this year was, from what I heard, different than in the past because it was on a day when there was a home football game. That usually doesn't happen, and groups usually go bowling or skating for bid day but this year we had to stay on campus because some of our girls were in band and color guard. We got the community center all day and played games.

Over homecoming weekend, we walked in our schools homecoming parade. Our Alumni came up and it was so cool meeting them because I realized that will be me someday!! And that is the legacy I am carrying on. Also, we had a secret candle ceremony where one of our seniors boyfriends proposed to her!!!! Cutest proposal ever!

We had a team in another sororities dodgeball tournament, and we had a scholarship dinner. My favorite moment this semester was our mixer with one of the fraternities. We went to a haunted house. I've never been to one, and I was more terrified than I ever have been in my life, but at the end I realized I had more fun than I had in a long time.

I can't wait to see what next semester brings!
At my school and the school right up the road (our greek communities band together a lot, because we're both small schools), each fraternity and sorority has their own week (technically three days) dedicated to their philanthropy. Everyone competes in everyone else's and there is a points system and a big winner at the end. During our week we have a Banner competition, a dodgeball tournament, "wishing well" (aka penny wars) and serenades--aka the best night ever. haha. Every chapter pays to participate, and it's so much fun.

This semester we participated in Delta Gamma's, Delta Tau Delta's & Beta Theta Pi's philanthropy weeks.

We had a Thanksgiving dinner with the fraternity that I'm a sweetheart of (Phi Gamma Delta), and it was SO great. We took some fantastic family photos and ate way too much. haha. I love mixers! They also surprised us and brought over a giant Jenga game painted with our colors and about a million owl cupcakes. It was so cute.

Have you been to a formal yet?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a cool idea for philanthropy! We are also a small school. Our chapter size is limited to 35 girls (unless quota would take us a few over). It's hard to raise a lot of money for your philantropy when you are competing against so many other things and there are only >1,000 kids on the entire campus! haha.

Our formal is planned for later in the spring, and informal is in two weeks, but I don't think I will be going to either.

I get initiated tomorrow though!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Woo Hoo! Congratulations and welcome!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I am sooo happy to be a part of this great sisterhood. <3
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's a cool idea for philanthropy! We are also a small school. Our chapter size is limited to 35 girls (unless quota would take us a few over). It's hard to raise a lot of money for your philantropy when you are competing against so many other things and there are only >1,000 kids on the entire campus! haha.

Our formal is planned for later in the spring, and informal is in two weeks, but I don't think I will be going to either.

Our campuses sound similar--we have right around 900 undergraduate students. Total on our campus is at 65--how many sororities & fraternities do you have? It is hard to raise money! I hear ya! We reach out to the community A LOT when it comes to that.

Why won't you be going to formals? They really are a lot of fun and you make a lot of memories!

AHH! Congratulations, sister! Initiation is so wonderful, I'm so happy for you!!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

We have four sororitites and four fraternities. All four sororities are in the NPC, 3 national fraternities, and 1 local fraternity.

I have some personal reasons for not going to formal.

Thanks!!