Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,218
0 members and 1,218 guests
No Members online

Old 08-14-2012, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Birthday Present for Sig Delt Mom

Once upon a time, my mom was a Sig Delt. She was involved with her chapter (and she has the dangles on her chapter guard to prove it). After she graduated and became a real person, she lost track of most of her sisters, except for a select few. She didn't become involved again until I registered for recruitment in the fall of 2010. Since then, she's come for alumnae events (we're in the same chapter) and she was at my initiation.
Anyways, her birthday is coming up and I wanted to get her something Sig Delt related without it being like a mug or some chachka that she'll never use. Any ideas or links would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe you could find a picture of her pledge class and have a nice copy made and framed in an SDT frame?
Or have a fancy guard (dangle) with her chapter letter (letters?) made if she doesn't already have ? I don't know how much you're looking to spend. Since we can't have customized pins as far as I know, this would be a nice way to "enhance" her pin.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

She already has a chapter guard from her days in the sorority, and since she was a Sig Delt in the 70s before the age of Facebook, there aren't many pictures of her pledge class, if there are any at all. It's getting down to the wire, and most Greek apparel websites just have like mugs or pictures frames and my mom has enough of those around the house.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi SigDelt91:

What a great daughter to be searching for the perfect gift for Mom's birthday!

As an alum (not of DST) if someone were to inquire, I would prefer gifts of modest jewelry with my sorority stone and/or colors. These would represent a discreet and understated display of loyalty without screaming LETTERS!!

Perhaps you could get her a bracelet, pendant and/or earrings with lapis lazuli stones. While you could probably find these things on the HJ site, they would likely be pricey and would take forever to ship!

There are some beautiful lapis luzuli (e.g. plain and/or with silver or gold) bracelets, earrings, pendants etc. on ebay - and if you use buy it now, the item should ship fairly quickly, especially if you search for items with expedited shipping. As well, I am sure you can find similar items elsewhere online or in a real storefront!

If she has a charm bracelet, you could get her a charm- perhaps one that represents one or more of the philanthropies that are dear to her heart.

How about you DST alums? What do you think?

Last edited by etadrisophila; 09-11-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: duplicate phrase
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Great suggestion etadrisophilia, but their sorority is SDT- Sigma Delta Tau.