Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 1,085
3 members and 1,082 guests
JerricaB, John, QueenD

Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Is it necessary to get IT certification in IT filed?

I will graduate next year,I am not sure if is it necessary to get some IT certifications before entering into the IT filed to get a job?which IT tests are most preferred?Thanks!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

you might want to get a certified in MS Word and learn that FIELD is the word that your luukin four.

heh.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

"IT" is a ridiculously broad term, but based on my husband's current job search, I would get yourself certified in MCSE and Cisco. MCSE can be done online for less than $100, but be warned, it is a WHOPPER program. It's like peeling an onion the amount of tests you have to take. I'd also work on what you can for a PMP. There are work hours required to get certified, but anything you can do to prepare for that will help you in the long run.

And it's been said here 100 times already, but especially where it applies to anything professional ANYWHERE online, make sure your grammar, spelling and sentence structure are impeccable. You never know where the perfect job reference is lurking, and your post looks pretty unprofessional.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

What's your major? Are you a programmer?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 AM
GreekChat Member

As someone who graduated with a degree in MIS over a decade ago, and worked in the field for most of those years, I would recommend finding a job in the area in which you would like to specialize first. Most companies will pay for whatever certifications you will need on the job. Plus, you may spend tons of time getting MS certification or Cisco certification when all along you like working in Oracle databases.

I started in oracle database conversions, then moved into web back-end development (MS SQL server databases), and then into the search engine optimization arena in 2003. All were enjoyable and I am debating going back into the workforce once my daughter is a little older. Good Luck to you.