Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 873
0 members and 873 guests
No Members online

Old 02-23-2012, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Pledges verifying Alumni Information

I just want to ask about how effective this is at obtaining accurate and up to date information.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

My APO chapter does it from time to time.

Generally speaking, any contact with alumni will yield updated information. Prior to us using a website where alumni could update their own data, one of the pledge service projects was usually contacting the alums to update their data. (Maybe not every semester, but at least once every two years.)

Depending on the reason, brothers in the chapter might do it outside of pledging season, too.

But utilizing pledges shouldn't be the only method. I suggest that, an annual mailing, and a website where the alums can update it on their own.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

42.3% effective

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

In my experience ANY way to get updated information is worth a shot, but do make sure it doesn't break any hazing rules. I'm thinking it's an unpleasant job that the actives don't want to do...

But you'd be surprised what information you can find from a good google search, Linked In and Facebook. And at least your job is made way easier by your members not changing their names after graduation!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there not an officer or chairman assigned to the responsibility of alumni relations, who has a committee to do this? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm curious as to what your organizational structure looks like if this is not someone's primary responsibility.

In Delta Chi the position of the "E" is Alumni Secretary and on the chapter's executive committee.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm Alumni chair and was told to do this. I'm hoping next semester to have it a bit earlier set in
Old 02-24-2012, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

One very important thing to do this semester is remind, cajole, nag your graduating seniors about keeping their info current. We do it electronically through the national website which works great, but since that started about 20 years after I graduated, a lot of women don't know it's out there. If you can at least keep the recent alums accurate, it will do wonders in the long run. Also, invite every alum you know to join your chapter's facebook page. That way it will go viral among a bigger group of men and hopefully you can beg for info that way and then they can come to you. It doesn't solve it, but it helps!