Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,345
1 members and 1,344 guests
Xidelt

Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 AM
GreekChat Member

WORST.QUESTION.EVER!! Why do people insist on asking the female this question??? I dont propose to myself...
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 AM

I am going to a cousin's wedding this weekend and I'm sure I'll hear this a zillion billion times (only one of the reasons I don't want to go). I need to check this thread for more socially acceptable responses than "eff off."
Old 05-20-2011, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Every year at Easter, I see relatives that I only see twice a year. This year, I was sitting next to my aunt at dinner, and she asked me if I have a boyfriend. I told her that I was kind of dating around, and with a “whatever” kind of look on my face said, “I’m in no rush,” and I laughed. She said, “Well, don’t wait too long or all of the good ones will be taken.”

Ugh. I don’t care! I SHOULD have said, “Maybe I want one of the bad ones.”

Oh, and on my birthday back in January, my boss’s boss asked my mom (I work at the same company as her) how old I was now. She told him 27, and he asked, “And she’s STILL not married yet? What is she waiting for?”

Kind of an odd - and possibly offensive - thing (especially from a guy) to ask someone’s mother.

And when I started working here a little over a year ago, a handful of people that I met asked me if I had a bf/was engaged/was married. Why is that ANY of their concern?! I’ve actually received more questions about it from non-family members than I have from family members.

I am kind of surprised, though, that me, my brother and my step-brother don’t get more grief about not being married. We’re 25, 26, and 27, and none of us are even remotely close to that point yet.

@~/~~~~
Old 07-25-2011, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was younger I would get the same response all the time . ."what are you waiting for. . " or if it was my older great aunts and uncles they would ? my sexuality. Now I'm 37 . . still haven't met 'Him" and don't get that ? anymore. . .I think they got tired of me blanking on the lol.