GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,070
0 members and 1,070 guests
No Members online

Old 10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Creepy Stories

Nothing popped up in the quick searches, though I know we've had these threads before. But this is a thread for all the creepy stories you know, whether from your own experience, told to you at camp or found among the internet (sometimes called creepypasta).

Creepy videos are good too!

One of my favorites:
Quote:
A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”
Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Creepy true story!

A young woman went to her friend's birthday a few miles from her town. For her drive back she had the choice of taking the Freeway, which takes 30 minutes, or taking a shortcut on a smaller road through the woods. As she was in a hurry to get home the took the shortcut. It had been a very stormy week and there were leafs and small branches on the road, which was really dark.

Halfway through the forrest there was a hure branch on the road, which she could not drive around. She got out of the car and managed to move it a few feet. She got back in her car just as another car came up behind her. She drove off and immediately the car behind her started honking his horns and flashing his lights. She got scared and drove faster. But the car followed her and the honking became more frantic. She got her phone and called her boyfriend, told him she was being followed by some weird guy and she told him to call the police.

When she reached the edge of town she made a few turns to shake the car off but it was still there, following, honking and flashing the lights.
When she got to her home, her boyfriend was waiting with the police.

The car behind her stopped and a man got out. As the police walked over to arrest him she asked him why he followed her.
"I was trying to keep you safe" he said.
"When you got out of your can to drag the branch out of the way I saw someone sneek from the woods to your backseat"
Old 10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait, so there was someone really in her backseat?? Did they catch him?! You said this was a true story so I'm hoping you know, lol.

That was a good one, DF! At the last sentence, my eyes did this:

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry Tulip but that's one if the oldest urban legends out there next to the lovers lane escaped psycho with a hook for a hand. I did like the switch up with the tree branch though! Usually the man sneaks in the backseat while the girl is in a rest-stop or gas station.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren’t being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I may have told this one already but if not, here is the story of the first time (I've seen 2) that I saw a full apparition of a spirit.

It happened in the summer of '99 when I was 17 years old. Every Friday night I would meet up with a friend around 9 or 10PM after he got home from dinner with his parents. None of us had cell phones then so we would actually have to knock on each others door to see if someone was home. That night I ended up at his place a little after 10pm and parked on the street in front of his house. While parking I noticed his mother was looking/watching me out of my friends bedroom window. The light was off but the hallway light was on, filling his room with some, but not much light. As I walked up the approach to his house I realized that it wasn't his mom watching me walk up the driveway. To this day I'm not even sure if it was woman. It could have been a man. I had just assumed it was his mom because of the long hair. The person looking at me had very androgynous features. Once I noticed freaky IT wasn't who I thought it was I broke my gaze and looked down not looking back to his window until I reached his porch. I glanced back at his window and the thing was gone. I knocked on the front door....nothing. No answer. Dog was jumping on the couch barking at me, which she only did that when no one was home. They had a leather couch and the dog knew better than to get on it when "mom" was home. I ended up getting back in my car and parking two houses over while I waited for them to get home. When they finally did get home I told them that I saw someone in their house. We all checked the house top to bottom. Nothing. No pried or open doors or windows, nothing missing or out of place.

There were a few experiences that my friend and his mother had in that house. His mom would hear childrens voices calling my friends name, as well as laughing. We messed around with a Ouija board on several occasions in that house when we were 14-15 years old. I think we invited some entities into his house from doing that. His parents sold the house about three years after my story happened.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
iont why i came in this thread. i read the first story, and now i'm leaving. i'm too nightmare prone
Old 11-01-2010, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Now I have one of my own. I know this isn't a real creepy story, but it creeped me out, so humor me.

I was out with NephewCG tonight and got scared to death. There was a shadowy something moving out the corner of my eye. There was a small black cat being followed by what looked like a wolf. It skulked along behind the cat, moving eerily and it walked just like a transformed Remus Lupin with it haunches much longer than it's front legs. I was terrified, thinking a wolf (werewolf?) was loose in the neighborhood. Then I caught sight of its tail....

It wasn't a small wolf. It was a giant raccoon. This thing was easily bigger than a beagle, almost the size of a labrador. I wasn't even relieved because how on earth do those things get that big? I hurried Nephew down the other side of the street, noticing it was headed toward my parents' house. When we got back, I told Sister and she said "Is that what the kids were talking about? Kids were freakin' out, saying there'd been a raccoon on the front porch but I thought they were just trying to scare me!"

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 11-01-2010, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Drolefille...I literally just had to take my laptop out of my room and into the office room where fiance is playing video games so I would feel safe lol....
Old 11-01-2010, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Coast to Coast AM have their ghost to ghost with Art Bell on right now. For those of you not in the know, it's their annual open line "true" ghost story show.

Last edited by PiKA2001; 11-01-2010 at 01:20 AM.