GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,391
0 members and 1,391 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2010, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

ZAXPortal - Fraternity Tools and Community

Hi guys,

My name is Bay Phillips and I'm a brother at the Epsilon-Eta chapter over at RPI. For the past two years, we've been using what I've called our Portal. Not only has it made our managing of our chapter easier than ever before, but it's also increased our communications and transparency.

I've now launched what I'm calling the ZAX Portal. This Portal is completely free of charge to all active chapters across the nation, and is completely separate from national. Not only does the ZAX Portal incorporate all of the inter-zeta tasks, but it also creates a private community for only Lambda Chi's. It's near impossible to get in contact with other chapters currently, and I'm trying to fix that.

Here are the features that the ZAX Portal currently offers:

- Complete Google Calendar integration. Add any Google Calendars that the chapter owns and allow officers and brothers to post events to them. Here at EH, we even have two daily emails that are sent out with reminders of events that day.
- A comprehensive Rush tool that allows the High Delta to easily manage all of the rushees. All brothers can add potential new members with their information, picture and also keep track of their event attendance. It also allows brothers to discuss rushees in the hopes to make the various votes easier
- Complete account/directory system. Now you'll have an online directory with everyone's information easily accessible by those in the chapter. The directory can be exported as a phone list, and can even be distributed as an excel document that could easily be inputed into various smart phones
- Officer specific functionality: This is something that is still a work in progress, but each office could use help in whatever it needs to do. Currently, the High Delta has the most functionality on its officer page. There, the High Delta can manage which Rush season they're currently in, add and remove Rush events that they'll want to keep track of, view statistics on how the rush is going and more!
- Complete brother attendance tracking. Every event that an officer posts has the ability to track what brothers attend the event. This information is than currently displayed on the Chapter's dashboard page in a chart with the most active brothers. This is in the hopes that brothers try to get on the chart, therefore being more involved.
- An Administrator backend that allows individual brothers of a Zeta to administer their Portal. This includes adding calendars, editing brother's information, making brothers their appropriate ranks/status, and changing Chapter settings.
-----------

The great thing about all of this, is that there is so much more that we can do! I've only just launched this last week and I'm trying to get as many chapters as I can to try it out!

So please, if you're an alumnus, get in touch with your chapter officers and let them know to check out the website. If you're an active brother, sign up your chapter and I will get you guys started.

If you have questions/comments/concerns, please let me know and I'll address them ASAP. Again, the website url is http://www.zaxportal.com and I hope you all check it out.

Thanks and in Zeta Alpha Chi,
Bay Phillips
EH 1196
Old 10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to bump this thread with an update:

Currently have about 10 chapters signed up! It seems we have a lot of alumni of chapters here on these boards so please let your chapter's High Zeta know about the service.

Thanks and in ZAX.