» Online Users: 838
0 members and 838 guests
No Members online

Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_Awhile View Post
I took a look at it- it looks wonderful! But there's one minor issue- I think Alpha Chi Omega got morphed into Alpha Xi Omega in the cactus graphic.
you're right .. I'll pass that along ... thanks for looking!!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_Awhile View Post
I took a look at it- it looks wonderful! But there's one minor issue- I think Alpha Chi Omega got morphed into Alpha Xi Omega in the cactus graphic.
LOL. Whoever thought of that is really creative!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, it says "Tau Phi Alpha" instead of "Theta Phi Alpha."
Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
I am a member of my local APH but I can't access the NPC website to obtain the new Manual of Information - I don't remember receiving login information. Can anyone help me?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
tips on growing membership & for recs?

Can anyone share their successful membership-growing methods? As we go into our 3rd year, we're looking to expand our memberships from the 12 NPC groups we've got now.

How do you handle requests for recs? We are in NJ & most sorority chapters in NJ wouldn't require recs, we'd like to accommodate the collegiate women from NJ who attend schools in areas which do require recommendations.

Thanks all!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndFinest View Post
Can anyone share their successful membership-growing methods? As we go into our 3rd year, we're looking to expand our memberships from the 12 NPC groups we've got now.

How do you handle requests for recs? We are in NJ & most sorority chapters in NJ wouldn't require recs, we'd like to accommodate the collegiate women from NJ who attend schools in areas which do require recommendations.

Thanks all!
What we have done with our APH is when we get updated contact info we also ask for a rec chair as well. If a group doesn't have a specific person for that we ask for a contact person anyway. That way when a request comes in we can quickly filter the PNM's info back out.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Suggestions, anyone?

As many of you know by now, or can figure out, I am in Dubai. There are 2 very good American high schools here, and most of the kids go off to the American University of their choice. I'd like to host an event to explain sorority life and recruitment to the senior girls, and do a rec writing event/party.

I don't particularly want to start an AP chapter (I'm already up to my eyeballs in volunteerism) but I think this event would fun, and tie in well with my involvement in the American Women's Association. So can anyone give me some ideas of how this could/should work? I have a few ideas in my head, but I'd like details on successful events. Is there a minimum number of NPC sororities that I should have representatives of to have it be generally valuable to the girls?

This event would have to take place DURING the school year because most students go away for the summer, from right after school gets out. The good news is I should have good support from the PTAs of both schools. Thanks for your help and suggestions!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ I have a chapter sister who lived in Dubai! I think it could be very helpful.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
You might see if any of the mother's of the high school girls are also NPC members and would be interested in helping. That might give you a bigger base of people helping and partiticpating.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone who plans/helps/attends these events do conversation workshops or is it just a party to explain the system and gather rec information? I won't have access to any collegiates, so it would only be old broads leading the way. I'm ok with that if "you" think it would be helpful.

I met an AWA member who is a Kappa, but now I don't remember who. I also think I've met a DZ, but I wasn't thinking of this at that time, so I didn't keep notes! With all the women here from oil country (Houston, Louisiana, etc.) I bet if I can beat the bushes thoroughly enough I can find lots of women. Then we'll just see if the high schoolers are interested. I think they will be, but who knows?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

You might be able to reach out to various Sorority Head quarters telling them what you want to do and they might get you in touch with people.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

If we're keeping score, I found a Sigma Kappa today! She made a comment that she wished the AWA did composites so she could have pictures of our members, and that was a dead give away. So what, only 24 more sororities to go?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I just thought I'd share in case you're keeping score, I've found (without even trying yet) 7 sorority women, so I'm feeling much more confident about being able to make this work out and be successful. Alpha Phi, Alpha Xi Delta, Tri-Delta, Delta Gamma, Delta Zeta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Sigma Kappa.

So I think I really have to have at least 5 or 6 more to feel like I've got the biggest nationals all covered. But with ZERO idea where these girls will be going to college, I can't really focus on Southern or Northern sororities. Not that I can pick and choose - it's just who I find!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Even if it is just to hang out as Panhellenic sisters, it would be probably worth starting it. I'd imagine there are no alumnae chapters out there.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
I am a member of my local APH but I can't access the NPC website to obtain the new Manual of Information - I don't remember receiving login information. Can anyone help me?
You can check with your ZTA HQ. They may have an electronic copy available for your use in a passworded section.