GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,434
3 members and 1,431 guests
Cookiez17, Tridentia

Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
There have been several books like this over the years, but the bottom line is that different prep should be done for different campuses, and GC has a great cross-section of women with different experiences who help PNM's along the way.

Now, general information about being a good conversationalist is probably helpful, but I would think that could be found in your local library. See, for example, Dale Carnegie.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureSister View Post
Also, to be clear, I do not indicate in any way that following advice contained in the book will guarantee a bid. Nothing in any of the marketing materials, blog articles, website, or the book itself indicates a guarantee. In fact the book even states, "THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES." Not sure how you arrived at that impression.
Perhaps the name SUREsister gives that impression.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
There have been several books like this over the years, but the bottom line is that different prep should be done for different campuses, and GC has a great cross-section of women with different experiences who help PNM's along the way.

Now, general information about being a good conversationalist is probably helpful, but I would think that could be found in your local library. See, for example, Dale Carnegie.

^^^This.

And I can't stress enough the art of conversation. I've never met a stranger, as my mother said. Talking with people is enjoyable and will help a PNM not just in recruitment, but in Life in General. Since we're on the subject of books, I'm reading The Zen of Listening and picking up some great points on listening as well as conversing.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureSister View Post
Just curious, in which bookstore did you find this book?

Also, to be clear, I do not indicate in any way that following advice contained in the book will guarantee a bid. Nothing in any of the marketing materials, blog articles, website, or the book itself indicates a guarantee. In fact the book even states, "THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES." Not sure how you arrived at that impression.

FYI, your "book" is downloadable for free. You might want to check out your quality website and referring links. Nothing screams professional like not doing a QA check. You might want to lock that up if you're looking for profits.

For the interested, the "book" contains nothing that would surprise anyone, and honestly, some of the information is wrong, misleading, and just plain hokey.

Lastly, I think it's wrong to spam chapter and I/National HQ Facebook pages with your dribble.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
Lastly, I think it's wrong to spam chapter and I/National HQ Facebook pages with your dribble.
Yep. It's kind of the equivalent of showing up at a sorority house and offering to clean the kitchen if they'll invite you back to pref.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc

Last edited by 33girl; 09-16-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Yep. It's kind of the equivalent of showing up at a sorority house and offering to clean the kitchen if they'll invite you back to pref.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc

Ree-xi agrees with you. Ree-xi agrees with you a lot.