GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,022
0 members and 1,022 guests
No Members online

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I got my cliq xt...of course right before the Samsung Vibrant, but I'm also a Motorola whore....

I'm pissed that I only have 1.5 software instead of 1.6, I could get more apps on the 1.6, but I'm adjusting and loving the phone, the battery life does suck ...

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 09-12-2010, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping because I finally got an Android phone----the MyTouch Slide.

My craptastic HD2 is gone!! YAY. The only bad part now is that I have a new phone number that everyone has to fix, but eh, such is life.

I'm testing out the slide for a week, and if I like it, I'll keep it. If not, i'll go back and get the Vibrant. So far, I looove it. Sooo much better than my HD2.

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post

My craptastic HD2 is gone!! YAY. The only bad part now is that I have a new phone number that everyone has to fix, but eh, such is life.

I'm testing out the slide for a week, and if I like it, I'll keep it. If not, i'll go back and get the Vibrant. So far, I looove it. Sooo much better than my HD2.
Unless you need/really want a physical keyboard you should have gotten a Vibrant. I'm bias though lol.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

What about the Droid 2?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 09-13-2010, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Live-in's mom has that phone (he bought it for her for her birthday) and she really loves it. But, she upgraded from the G1(?) so anything would have been an upgrade for her.

I still love love love my Evo - on Sunday I put live-in's Nexus One to SHAME while we were comparison shopping for wireless routers in Best Buy.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Live-in's mom has that phone (he bought it for her for her birthday) and she really loves it. But, she upgraded from the G1(?) so anything would have been an upgrade for her.

I still love love love my Evo - on Sunday I put live-in's Nexus One to SHAME while we were comparison shopping for wireless routers in Best Buy.
How so? there have been several showings of Nexus One still blowing away new phones.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animate View Post
How so? there have been several showings of Nexus One still blowing away new phones.
Processing speed. Because I get teh four gees, my processor is quicker than a lot of other phones. By the time he first got his results from the barcode scanner, I had downloaded the app, scanned it, shot out to the web for results, found the item $40.00 cheaper, and checked the stock in a store near us. I was using teh three gees at the time, and he started at the same time as me (although he already had the scanner app, and I did not).

Other Nexus One handsets MAY be faster, based on what they have on it, whether it's been rooted or is stock, or what, but my phone beats Live-in's every day of the week. His phone has been rooted and is running Cyanagen's mods, my phone is straight out of the box stock (minus the apps I've added). Both of us are running some version of FroYo.

To be fair, the processor in the Evo is just a minor step up from the processor in the Nexus One, but when you're "racing" - "just a minor step up" makes a big difference. Add that to the fact that Sprint's 3 and 4G networks are better than T-Mobile's and I'm blowing him away every single day.

I feel like I'm in a NASCAR discussion now - Curse you, Sprint!

Last edited by agzg; 09-13-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Processing speed. Because I get teh four gees, my processor is quicker than a lot of other phones. By the time he first got his results from the barcode scanner, I had downloaded the app, scanned it, shot out to the web for results, found the item $40.00 cheaper, and checked the stock in a store near us. I was using teh three gees at the time, and he started at the same time as me (although he already had the scanner app, and I did not).

Other Nexus One handsets MAY be faster, based on what they have on it, whether it's been rooted or is stock, or what, but my phone beats Live-in's every day of the week. His phone has been rooted and is running Cyanagen's mods, my phone is straight out of the box stock (minus the apps I've added). Both of us are running some version of FroYo.

To be fair, the processor in the Evo is just a minor step up from the processor in the Nexus One, but when you're "racing" - "just a minor step up" makes a big difference. Add that to the fact that Sprint's 3 and 4G networks are better than T-Mobile's and I'm blowing him away every single day.

I feel like I'm in a NASCAR discussion now - Curse you, Sprint!
good deal. Yeah that processor can make a huge difference. The Evo is nice its just freaking HUGE. Its like carrying a VCR around.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animate View Post
Unless you need/really want a physical keyboard you should have gotten a Vibrant. I'm bias though lol.
My thing with the Vibrant was that it is still a new phone, and I was worried that there would be problems that just haven't arised yet. Same thing happened with the HD2. I got it when it was still really hot, and not a lot of problems had come up yet.

Plus, I had to pay the difference after I 'traded in' my HD2, and the MyTouch slide was A LOT cheaper. I couldn't afford the Vibrant.

I'm really enjoying my MyTouch Slide, and the keyboard is handy. I had a keyboard with my previous phone (Pantech Matrix from AT&T) and I really liked it. So far, not a problem. Plus, I still have both Transformers movies since the rep let me keep my 16Gb memory card. haha

I'm actually getting 3G service @ home, my HD2 (either one) never got it. I was always at edge or less!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
What about the Droid 2?
I don't think that's a T-Mobile phone, right? I'm not willing to go to Verizon or Sprint.

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?

Last edited by epchick; 09-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I am really glad I have a slide out keyboard (Droid). I try to get used to the touchscreen keyboard but it takes a lot more attention and concentration and to type correctly on it. It makes me crazy, quite honestly. I also don't like losing screen space by using the keyboard. It takes up half the screen. Ugh.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Just an FYI, any NFL fans that have a Verizon Droid, get the NFL Mobile app, you won't be sorry.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”