Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,415
0 members and 1,415 guests
No Members online

Old 05-28-2002, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Communication during breaks

Hey, someone just created a thread in Greek Life "Keeping in touch during the summer", most of them do in social GLO's.

On weekends and breaks most of us go our separate ways.

I'm just curious if this "coldness" between members is because we are a service GLO. Do you APO and GSS members keep in touch with each other outside of school?

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 05-28-2002, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Me and my sorors keep in touch during the summer. There aren't many of us who stay in the came city and I am the only one that lives in the city that we attend school but I talk to atleast one soror per day. I know some people go home though and resume their normal lives and just want a break from others but I assumed that was completely across the board.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter Communication Problem

This sounds like a chapter communication problem. You should have your Vice Presidents of Fellowship and Membership adress this as soon as possible. Because Alpha Phi Omega is a fraternity it is imperative that your chapter fellowships with each other to build the brotherhood that is necessary for the functioning of a good chapter.

Perhaps you can have some fellowship events planned for the weekends. Brotherhood takes time and work. Perhaps you could make a start by contacting individuals in the chapter to start building these relationships. Also, some sort of brotherhood bonding activities should be instituted in your pledge process. As a former dean of pledges (or pledgetrainer) I can give you some suggestions if you e-mail me Virtuous_Woman20@yahoo.com .

I hope this helps .
Old 05-29-2002, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Chapter Communication Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Virtuous Woman
This sounds like a chapter communication problem. You should have your Vice Presidents of Fellowship and Membership adress this as soon as possible. Because Alpha Phi Omega is a fraternity it is imperative that your chapter fellowships with each other to build the brotherhood that is necessary for the functioning of a good chapter.

Perhaps you can have some fellowship events planned for the weekends. Brotherhood takes time and work. Perhaps you could make a start by contacting individuals in the chapter to start building these relationships. Also, some sort of brotherhood bonding activities should be instituted in your pledge process. As a former dean of pledges (or pledgetrainer) I can give you some suggestions if you e-mail me Virtuous_Woman20@yahoo.com .

I hope this helps .
See, the last time I brought this to their attention they got VERY upset for some reason. Matter of fact 4 people quit including the advisor at that time!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?