GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,005
1 members and 1,004 guests
bbygrl01

Old 04-19-2005, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I have a 4-Leaf Clover near my *bikini* line but I got it before I was a member. If I ever got another one, it would for sure be something to do with Sigma. Some of my friends have butterflies (our local symbol as well) with little Sigmas around it. I'm "obsessed" with dragonflies, I guess they are kinda close to butterflies...hehe.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ejbiff Send a message via Yahoo to ejbiff
I got a tattoo about 2 months ago- a celtic knot with a heart intertwined. It's not officially a Sigma tattoo, but it is shaded in purple. When I get my next tattoo, it's possibly going to be a celestial design, which is my family line.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xplpx16
I'm getting the sailboat with ever forward written underneath it on my upper back. I just have to stop going tanning for long enough to get it
Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a purple violet on the upper part of my right butt cheek (easy to hide - obviously!). I think I am going to get "Faithful Unto Death" tattooed around it. We'll see what the hubby says!

I did NOT get letters tattooed because our chapter has a local by-law that states that we do not drink in our letters.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigma3
Quote:
Originally posted by Mere
I have a purple violet on the upper part of my right butt cheek (easy to hide - obviously!). I think I am going to get "Faithful Unto Death" tattooed around it. We'll see what the hubby says!

I did NOT get letters tattooed because our chapter has a local by-law that states that we do not drink in our letters.

Actually, our national bylaws state that our letters aren't supposed to even be around alcohol, much less should a sister be drinking in them. So, that's one good reason not to get letters tatooed on you.

I've always thought about getting an indented triangle on my back with violets wrapping around it, I thought that would be cool, and only Sigma's would really know the meaning of it.

SLAM, Courtney
Alpha Chi
Old 11-26-2005, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaZLalways
Talking

I got a tattoo of a purple violet, with a yello and white center, with my initiation number on on of the petals. it's on my lower back. I like it...
Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Personally, I feel it is disrespectful to get our letters on our bodies tattooed. My chapter has always told me that we are NOT allowed to ever get our letters tattooed.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I got a tattoo a couple years ago of letters and a butterfly on my lower hip. I got it when I had a tan line so the letters are specifically placed where you can't see them, even in a bikini. I got the tattoo for me and no one on knows I have it unless I want them to. I love it and don't regret it for a minute.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm kinda confused. A couple of girls have gotten letters tattoos on them. Just small ΣΣΣ on their hip or lower back or somewhere. But, we aren't supposed to drink or smoke in letters... if they are tattooed on you... aren't you always in letters? Just a thought.
The above does not reflect the personal opinions of ΣΣΣMagan. It in no way reflects the opinions of the Eta Rho chaper at Armstrong Atlantic State Univeristy of Sigma Sigma Sigma or National Panhellenic Conference.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool SLAM

I am wanting to get a skull and cross-bones or violet and triangle with "faithful unto death" under it....I already have a butterfly which is my family! I graduated in 2006 and have been a sister since 2003, I cherish the bonds I have with my sisters!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

My first tattoo is a scull and cross bones. I got it on my shoulder top left. I't has a bow and hearts for the eyes and noes. I was going to go with purple ink on the bow but it doesn't show up well in tattoos so I just went with the teal.
Also my chapter has always said NO LETTER tattoos. Mostly because of the Cali Cox one...

Last edited by SigmaLette; 05-05-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Picture to big.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma tattoo

hey girls <3
I have a tattoo that applies to sigma on my left hip area, Its a skull and crossbones the skull has long flashy eyelashes and a big purple bow on her head even though i had the skull shaded to look real and aged to signify faithful unto death, so i love it because its flashy and feminine and yet when you see it you know it means something i value seriously. also underneath i have my scroll number <3 other girls in my chapter have little tattoos to signify their families . i have recently seen though and image in our "century of sisterhood" book that i am definitely thinking about putting on the back of my neck as well <3

About the letters situation... i thought the rule only applies when it is all three letters together whether in greek or spelled out that limit us in what we can do...but if it is just one greek sigma or one sigma spelled out it should not be a problem for instance i have seen a "Peace Love Sigma" tattoo that was all symbols...very cute =]
Old 08-13-2010, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma375 View Post

About the letters situation... i thought the rule only applies when it is all three letters together whether in greek or spelled out that limit us in what we can do...but if it is just one greek sigma or one sigma spelled out it should not be a problem for instance i have seen a "Peace Love Sigma" tattoo that was all symbols...very cute =]
Tht's the way I've always seen it, as well. The "letter rule" applies to the three letters in a row (quite literally the ΣΣΣ). One of my sisters did the Σ cubed, which was mentioned earlier I believe, and I think that's completely fine. But if you have the three tattooed, you are always in letters, which means no drinking, smoking, or having sex. Ever. Because even if you can't see them, it doesn't mean you aren't wearing them.