GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,278
0 members and 1,278 guests
No Members online

Old 06-03-2010, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Looking for a home...

hello All..

Im not sure where to begin, so I just will...

I would like to be apart of a great org; one that values sisterhood, friendship, gives back to the community and empowers its members; one that is accepting and nurturing. I know that there are orgs out here like this that I can benefit from and they can benefit from me as well...

The problem? I am not in college nor am I a college graduate.

I am a married mother of 3, who wants to build with an org and pass it down to my daughters as they get older. Ive heard some not so good things about some orgs that I wont mention, ( im not that kind of gal) and they were community based.

I have seen ladies try to start thier own and that is commendable to them; I could take that route but I dont have the time, me just having a baby 6 months ago!

anyhoo, I was hoping some of you could shed some light for me, or point me in the right direction?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by ladyrock10; 06-03-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrock10 View Post
Hello!! I am new to the site and I am looking for a LEGIT org that is not affiliated with Universities. I attend a community college and there is not enough presence here to join a great org......

Quote:
hello All..

I would like to be apart of a great org; one that values sisterhood, friendship, gives back tot eh community and empowers its members; one that is accepting and nurturing. I know that there are orgs out here like this that I can benefit from and they can benefit from me as well...

I am a married motehr of 3, who wants to build with an org and pass it down to my daughters as they get older. Ive heard some not so good things about some orgs that I wont mention, ( im not that kind of gal) and they were community based.

I have sen ladies try to start thier own and that is commendable to them; I could take that route but I dont have the time, me just having a baby 6 months ago!

anyhoo, I was hoping some of you could shed some light for me, ot point me in the right direction?

Any help is appreciated!
wow. Also I suggest you proofread before posting.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
why thank you!! sorry, but I do have beautiful bouncing baby on my lap while I am typing, so I am sorry that I am not, "up to par" with my proofreading and typing skills!

Thanks! have a good one!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post

ALSO, I know that most community colleges are not considered as " traditional" institutions, so thats why I mentioned I am not in college...and thanks again!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ALSO, I know that most community colleges are not considered as " traditional" institutions, so thats why I mentioned I am not in college...and thanks again!
*sigh* Look, be honest and don't assume that people wouldn't count a community college because we can all see your previous posts and you look foolish contradicting yourself. Take the extra time, even while bouncing a baby on your knee to proofread your posts if you would like to be taken seriously.

Also, tact is not mentioning you've heard bad things at all, not mentioning it but declining to specify.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM

If you don't have time to proofread a post on a message board, you don't have time for a sorority.

Go away and bounce your baby.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Also, tact is not mentioning you've heard bad things at all, not mentioning it but declining to specify.
Like this comment:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...t=50500&page=2
Old 06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

In all seriousness (though I don't know why every group needs to become a sorority) - here's some info about sororities for mothers. Still, I'd think moms of young children might not have time for a "sorority". What about mommy groups in your town or church? I'm sure that there is a lot to choose from.

http://diverseeducation.com/article/...-sorority.html

Old 06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I think some of my fellow GCers may be missing the point. We don't know enough about Ladyrock to know whether she has time for a sorority. And it's not helpful to nitpick her original post.

Speaking as the mother of young children, I know my involvement with my sorority helps me hang on to my sanity by reminding me that there is another version of OPhiAGinger -- an adult version -- who is focused on a world wider than wiping noses and kissing owies. I love my kids dearly but I need my sisters, too.

To the OP: I would caution you against judging all community sororities based on rumors you've heard about a few of them. Not all community sororities are the same. In fact, chapters within the same sorority can vary wildly in their "personality", so keep yourself open even to the sororities you've heard rumors about. And finally, take those rumors with a grain of salt. Until you've had first-hand exposure to the group, you can't really know what they're like. Go out and explore for yourself.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPhiAGinger View Post
I think some of my fellow GCers may be missing the point. We don't know enough about Ladyrock to know whether she has time for a sorority. And it's not helpful to nitpick her original post.
If she does not have time to proofread her posts, she does not have time for a sorority. This is based on her words.

Also, anyone who talks trash about other GLOs after making a point to say how above gossip they are deserves any 'nitpicking' they get.

Last edited by Drolefille; 06-09-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hello!! I am new to the site and I am looking for a LEGIT org that is not affiliated with Universities. I attend a community college and there is not enough presence here to join a great org......
Quote:
hello All..

I would like to be apart of a great org; one that values sisterhood, friendship, gives back to the community and empowers its members; one that is accepting and nurturing. I know that there are orgs out here like this that I can benefit from and they can benefit from me as well...

I am a married mother of 3, who wants to build with an org and pass it down to my daughters as they get older. Ive heard some not so good things about some orgs that I wont mention, ( im not that kind of gal) and they were community based.

I have seen ladies try to start thier own and that is commendable to them; I could take that route but I dont have the time, me just having a baby 6 months ago!

anyhoo, I was hoping some of you could shed some light for me, or point me in the right direction?

Any help is appreciated!
Would you mind defining "legit" for us?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Speaking as the mother of young children, I know my involvement with my sorority helps me hang on to my sanity by reminding me that there is another version of OPhiAGinger -- an adult version -- who is focused on a world wider than wiping noses and kissing owies. I love my kids dearly but I need my sisters, too.
Yes, but did you pledge and join it when you actually had the children running about, or when they were still in egg form?

Not only that, you actually went to college.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

To the OP: I would caution you against judging all community sororities based on rumors you've heard about a few of them. Not all community sororities are the same. In fact, chapters within the same sorority can vary wildly in their "personality", so keep yourself open even to the sororities you've heard rumors about. And finally, take those rumors with a grain of salt. Until you've had first-hand exposure to the group, you can't really know what they're like. Go out and explore for yourself.

When you post, it is always refreshing. Please post more. Many of us (including me because I hate when people talk about the "rumors" they hear about GLOs) may sometimes want to judge someone based on the information they give us or their poor grammar skills. You really are a sweet person and I hope you give out more advice once fall recruitment begins.