Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 1,088
1 members and 1,087 guests
AOIIalum

Old 05-16-2002, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

random act of kindness

I just wanted to send a shout out to the men of Phi Gamma Delta and spread some positivity your way. . .

Summer of 2000, I found myself absolutely LOST behind the University of Maryland fraternity row. I mean LOST, I had never been there before and I had no clue how to get home, which way was up, etc, etc. The shuttle bus only ran at night and the cab I had called never showed.

Well, just as I was in the depths of despair, prepared to just walked around the suburbs aimlessley in the sweltering heat, I noticed this random guy walking toward me. So I ask him, excuse me, I'm lost, how do I get to the metro station? (That's what we call the subway in DC.)

So he says, sure dude, follow me, it's a few blocks from where I live. So this guy was just really friendly and coridal, etc, etc.

(FYI, I went to a school that had no traditional Greek system. . .just APO[which I'm a Brother of], some professionals, and a few culutral organizations.)

So after a few blocks, the guy points out the rest of the way, and I actually see the subway from the corner. I told the guy thanks a lot, and he headed into his house, which said "FIJI" on a sign in the yard.

So gentlemen, I just wanted to say thanks again, not only for the kindness of your brother at Maryland, who helped me more than he could have imagined, but for being the first traditional Greeks I ever had the pleasure of interacting with! That really meant alot, as my administration thinks that traditional Greeks are the worst thing since the plague.

Have a great day!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UToledoFiji Send a message via Yahoo to UToledoFiji
Thumbs up

Thats what being a FIJI is all about..Being Gentlemen.. Thats one of the biggest reasons why i joined.