GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,140
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, LatexXUK
» Online Users: 943
1 members and 942 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 05-02-2010, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face Please tell me, am I too old?

deleting this thread. Thank you ladies for all of your help

Last edited by LIGHT1000; 05-02-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

It does sound like you have been through a difficult few years. Congrats to you for getting back on track and back into school.

To your questions: 1) Read our Pearls of Wisdom. We do not answer membership questions of any sort on the board. 2) Get out and meet the members on your campus, only they will be able to answer your questions about membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHT1000 View Post
Greetings to the beautiful ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. While I am not a member of your most awesome organization, I have to express to you that my most earnest desire, on this earth (right next to my obtaining my degree), is to posses the sisterhood, pride, love, and self-less service that Alpha Kappa Alpha has generously gifted to each of you. With that being said, this year I am turning 25. I am a very unfortunate woman, shortly before I started college I lost my mother to an 8 month battle with breast cancer. Instead of waiting to give my heart and mind time to heal as my mother wouldve wanted I jump right into college, only to spin in a downward spiral and get caught up in a hurricane (Katrina). I wont give you my full life story lol, but you can imagine how things continued as God molded my into the strong and beautiful black woman I am today. 6 years and a toddler later Im back in school, making great grades and I am mature enough to appreciate my blessings and learn from my mistakes. At 25, possibly 26 am I way too old to join your organization at the undergraduate level? Your opinion is extremely valuable to me, however I will say that I want to be a part of your organization so badly that if I was 99 I would still attend rush and pray hard when I got home lol. God bless each of you and your organization, in Jesus name and I look forward to hearing your opinions.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes ma'am, thank you.