GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,424
0 members and 1,424 guests
No Members online

Old 03-08-2008, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Another update: We just initiated 16 new Thetas into the Delta Iota Chapter, and they are all absolutely the best women imaginable. So Proud. This was my last initiation as an undergrad.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's another: I'm graduating from college tomorrow. Woah.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoggerTheta View Post
Here's another: I'm graduating from college tomorrow. Woah.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an accomplishment to be proud of! What is your degree in?
Old 05-18-2008, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! To answer your question, I'm receiving a BS in Geology from the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, WA. My degree has been a long time coming. At my school, the geology degree has more departmental requirements to graduate than any other major (17), and this includes a year long thesis project, and a 6-week summer field camp, so I do feel quite accomplished.

I just feel so strange because I've been on GC since I was a PNM (all cute and naive), and people here have really seen my entire journey through the greek system, even now as I move into my life as an alumna member. It's just so surreal. I mean right now as I write this I'm in my room for my last night living in the Theta house here at school.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoggerTheta View Post
I just feel so strange because I've been on GC since I was a PNM (all cute and naive), and people here have really seen my entire journey through the greek system, even now as I move into my life as an alumna member. It's just so surreal. I mean right now as I write this I'm in my room for my last night living in the Theta house here at school.
That is sooo neat!!!!!!!

I forgot to post my more recent news, I got elected to the Student Government Hall of Fame at UNF! This is the highest honor you can get, and I totally didn't expect it! I am one of only a few women to receive this honor! Also as far as I know I am only the second Greek women to get the award, the recipient last year was a ZTA.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to undtheta2000
Hey Thetas! Been about a year since I posted, so figured it was time for another update! I spent this past year teaching the morning section of a Preschool Special Needs Classroom. Loved it! Really enjoy working with that age group. A bit stressful at times, still figuring out process & paperwork, etc. Spent spring semester also interning 2 afternoons a week with the locally-based regional Infant Development Program for the state (ND). I also enjoyed that- loved working with the families. From end of April until this next week (done on Tuesday) I was working with them part-time contracted- following the families for one therapist while she was out on maternity leave. *I will begin working with them full-time as of Sept. 1 this year!*
Last summer of my Masters- finishing my last class & my scholarly project this summer- graduate August 1!

As for my sister: When I posted back last summer, she had just taken the Bar exam & graduated from Law School. She passed the Bar & was admitted to the state Bar Assoc. back in October! She has been working with a law firm since the end of last summer.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Update!

Hi all! It's been a while since I posted, but I'm currently in Crow Agency, Montana doing a rotation at an Indian Health service hospital. It's been a really great experience, and any budding doctors, nurses, health care professionals, etc. who have some time should check it out. I have been here for a month and will be leaving this Saturday. It's also been a good way to see the country, and it's really beautiful out here. Next month I'll be home and in November I'll be in Cincinnati for the month, doing a rotation at University/Christ hospitals.

Meanwhile, I am applying for residency in OB/GYN. I sent in my application and so far I have two invites for interview. I'm looking to get about 10 more, so we'll see. Fingers crossed! Hope all is well with everyone!
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 11-10-2008, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Hometown pride!

I just saw your post, and I'm from Cincinnati! I've been away doing my undergrad in PA for the past few years, but I still go home for the holidays. University and Christ (from what I've heard) are both excellent hospitals! I hope you enjoy your time in Cincinnati!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to undtheta2000
An addition to my last post in June. I did graduate in August, and began a full-time job in September working with infants & toddlers with developmental delays. Love it!

However, as of November 1, I am the new Facility Director (aka House Mom) at my former college Theta chapter! Thought I'd share that with my Theta sisters out there. I'm excited for this new adventure, but also request that if you have any advice to give me please share! You can send as a private message. Thanks so much!

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalicious View Post
I just saw your post, and I'm from Cincinnati! I've been away doing my undergrad in PA for the past few years, but I still go home for the holidays. University and Christ (from what I've heard) are both excellent hospitals! I hope you enjoy your time in Cincinnati!
Hey there! Cincy has been pretty good to me for the past few weeks, though I am anxious to go home. I have one more week at University hospital. I like the program, so fingers crossed that they will interview me.

Send epsilon lambda my love and congrats on initation (w/quota!)

~blackngoldengrl, PC '01
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought I'd bump this thread because I know there are a few newer Theta faces on GC recently.

This winter has been pretty eventful for me. I went to Ecuador for 12 days with the my university's geology club (as an alumna) in January, and that was a most amazing experience. And though I don't think I'll ever return to the Amazon, I really valued my experience bushwhacking through the virgin rainforest. And since I live in Northern Washington State, the Olympics were fun to be a part of this year. I didn't make it to any of the main events, but I did get to go to Whistler for the last couple days of the Paralympics, which is always inspiring to see. Now I'm headed off for my third season with the National Park Service in Wyoming.

What are you lovely ladies up to?