Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 967
1 members and 966 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Door Tags

Hey Girls!
I was wondering if anyone had any cute ideas for door tags for the new girls to get on Bid Day. I have to make some by tonight and I'm racking my brains trying to figure out a good one! Please help me!! :]
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

We do big ones (about a foot tall) that are a green block Kappa and a Delta, but they're linked...The top of the Delta attaches to the right "foot" of the Kappa, if that makes any sense. We write the name of the girl on the vertical part of the K, and the date she got her bid card on the bottom horizontal part of the Delta. Then we make 3 stars (yellow, not gold since gold construction paper is expensive) and write "Honorable," "Beautiful," and "Highest," one per star. We attach the stars to the bottom of the Delta with yellow ribbon, so they hang below the Delta. When it's hung up on the door you end up taping 4 things down (the Kappa/Delta combo that's all one piece and each of the 3 separate stars). Hope that description made sense...it's hard to explain but they're really cute! I'd post a picture, but I don't have mine at school with me. It's a great bid day memento, though, since all of the NMs have them and it's one of the first things you get with letters! We also make signs (just out of plain white paper) that say stuff like "Welcome home to Kappa Delta" or "We're glad you went KD" and stuff like that, so the NM's door ends up pretty much covered in stuff!

Other ideas could be a paper teddy bear, gold star, dagger, nautilus or pretty much any symbol really with the girl's name and bid date on it. Good luck!

ETA: Oops, just noticed you said you had to make them by last night, so I guess I probably wasn't very helpful. Oh well...maybe you or someone else can use the ideas for another bid day!

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

XO, those sound really cute! I like the idea of using the three stars hanging from the KD
Old 12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! My sisters are super creative when it comes to stuff like that!!

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Great idea! Sometimes I wish I was still a collegiate so I could make all this fun stuff.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.