GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,148
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,319
0 members and 1,319 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAPhiGirl View Post

I just think that so many girls drop out of rush because they don't get the house they thought and won't give any other one's a chance. I'll never forget my sophomore year rushing a girl that, straight out looked at me and said, "My sister was a XYZ, My mother was a XYZ, my grandmother was a XYZ and her mother helped colonize the chapter here." I had no idea what to say. I just looked at her, said, "Have fun at XYZ. Would you like something to drink?" She just looked at me and went to sit down on our couch. So, again, I think sometimes the girls might do it to themselves..
I understand that it's a very competitive system there at UT, but with regards to legacies, I wish ladies would remember that if you are a legacy to 4 different chapters, or a double leg to two chapters, etc., just imagine how many legacies that chapter must have coming through recruitment! Trust me, if you're going to a Southern, huge state school, and you're a leg from a "southern" sorority, just imagine how many other legs you have to compete with- yes, you still must stand out. Just like you cannot pledge all three of your legacy chapters, many chapters cannot pledge all their legacies.

As a Yankee (haha), I can see how those summer meet-and-greet parties are dirty rushing. Just because the active women may not be giving out oral bids, does not mean it's not dirty rushing. I think the idea is great- getting more time to know the PNM's- but is it giving too many PNM's unrealistic expectations? "Just sayin'..."

TEII