GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,127
0 members and 1,127 guests
No Members online

Old 11-24-2007, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Random Stuff Thread

I'm not doing much tonight so I thought I'd start a new thread about random Theta stuff that doesnt fit in any current thread here so far.

Last weekend when I was shopping in Cinci, I was wearing a lettered sweatshirt, and one of the associates in C.O. Bigelow asked me where I was theta at. TUrns out she was an active member at our University of Cincinnatti chapter! I thought that was cool as did my anti-greek friend who was with me!

AND a few weeks ago I was at my youngest son's football game and a woman approached me asking me where I was a Theta. Turns out she was a Theta alumnae from UK who had a little boy playing on the opposite team as my son's. I asked her if she was involved in the local alum group here. She said no because she had kids. I think it's sad sometimes how a lot of alumnae with kids dont get involved/stay involved as alumnae. I look at it as a way to have a life or something else outside of the home, kids, and work (but that's just me)!

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 11-24-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I am afraid that I had a terrible with doing this kind of thing recently. I was in line at a restaurant & saw that the young woman in front of me was wearing letters... she had them across her butt, which I hate, but I know that is the fashion now. (Lordy, I sound old!)

I tapped her on the shoulder & asked if she was a Theta, assuming that she WAS. I was SHOCKED when she said "No, these belong to boyfriend's sister and she let me wear them."

When I said quietly "You really shouldn't be wearing them if you are not a Theta," she just flipped out on me! Started almost yelling at me. Almost makes me scared to ask anymore
Old 12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I am afraid that I had a terrible with doing this kind of thing recently. I was in line at a restaurant & saw that the young woman in front of me was wearing letters... she had them across her butt, which I hate, but I know that is the fashion now. (Lordy, I sound old!)

I tapped her on the shoulder & asked if she was a Theta, assuming that she WAS. I was SHOCKED when she said "No, these belong to boyfriend's sister and she let me wear them."

When I said quietly "You really shouldn't be wearing them if you are not a Theta," she just flipped out on me! Started almost yelling at me. Almost makes me scared to ask anymore

I'm not too suprised. Lack of manners and respect is running rampant in society anymore (and that's all i'll say about that!)
Old 06-14-2008, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Missoula, but my heart has always been and will always be in the land of dixie
Send a message via AIM to MontanaTheta
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post

frankly, if she behaved like that, she truly doesn't deserve to be a Theta. I hope she has since learned some respect. I always feel honored when people come up to me and ask about Theta - I always have at least a tote bag with letters on it to spread my Theta pride!

Allow your kite to soar to the heavens; never hold the strings too tight.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Pardon the crash

I ran across this in some of my Theta daughter's stuff. Maybe you've all heard it already. If the Moderator thinks it's anti-panhellenic she can delete the post, but I'm a Kappa and I thought it was cute.

"DATE A THETA"

When my son first left for college,
his dad gave him advice for life:
You can date each and every Kappa
but bring home a THETA for a wife.

You can party with the Tri-Delts,
and it's fine to date a Zeta,
but when it's time to marry,
be sure to find a THETA.

Chi O's can be on your agenda,
and Pi Phi's are fun to date,
but never, ever forget
that you'll want a THETA as your mate.

We want you to enjoy your college years and give
all the sororities a spin.
But never buy a ring unless
KAPPA ALPHA THETA is on her pin.

During your four years of college,
you'll go from one house to another,
but take the advice of your ol' dad
and bring home a THETA to your mother.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you, Wildcatfan!! That is one of our very favorite songs
Old 12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I was thinking about Alumnae Initiation today. I know Theta does have AI, and someone previously told me the information is on the website, but I was having difficulty finding it. Would someone mind PM'ing me where this information can be found?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Random Stuff:

I'm on a crazy solo cross-country road trip right now, and I randomly dropped in on the Alpha Chapter the other day and got a tour. (If the girl who gave me the tour is on here, then thank you. You made my day!!!) Beautiful house, and upstanding women.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I was wearing my letter jacket today to BSF and someone approached me and said her daughter was a theta too!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Badge in White Gold??? What do you think?

I am getting ready to buy myself my 20th anniversery as a Theta gift...the large pearl badge I always wanted.

I see they are now being offered in white gold- or silver tone. http://www.hjgreek.com/index.cfm?eve...oduct_ID=10979
What are your thoughts? I originally thought it looked kinda cool and would certainly match more of my silver jewelry that I wear everyday, but our colors are black and gold.

What are your thoughts, should I stick with the traditional black and gold?
http://www.hjgreek.com/index.cfm?eve...oduct_ID=10972

Thanks Theta Gals.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteDiva View Post
I am getting ready to buy myself my 20th anniversery as a Theta gift...the large pearl badge I always wanted.

I see they are now being offered in white gold- or silver tone. http://www.hjgreek.com/index.cfm?eve...oduct_ID=10979
What are your thoughts? I originally thought it looked kinda cool and would certainly match more of my silver jewelry that I wear everyday, but our colors are black and gold.

What are your thoughts, should I stick with the traditional black and gold?
http://www.hjgreek.com/index.cfm?eve...oduct_ID=10972

Thanks Theta Gals.
I personally am partial to the black and gold ones. The white gold/silver toned just seem so... wrong. Maybe I am just too traditional.

I do like some of the varied gemstones though- sapphires, turquoise, etc.

As for the pearl badges- you should check out ebay. You probably won't be able to find one of the large sized badges, but you can get the regular sized one with some history. I have purchased/rescued 2 pearl badges from there, and they are both from the 1920s.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Random Theta Encounter:

I recently started graduate studies at George Washington University (which does not have a Theta chapter - sadface) and was missing my sisters. To curb some of my sadness, I wore my badge to orientation. Whenever I wear it, it feels like my Eta Omicron ladies are with me ANYWAY, I was in the elevator going to a meeting when a young woman in the elevator saw my pin and told me she was a Theta We compared notes for the remainder of the elevator ride. It's moments like that when I know that I was meant to be a Theta and that I chose correctly!