Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,335
1 members and 1,334 guests
Happy Alum

Old 11-11-2005, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

That's really pretty... I bet they are difficult to get your hands on!! It would be cool to get one... perhaps when I am much richer, I can get one made;
Old 11-11-2005, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Quote:
Originally posted by KDAngel
I dunno why, but this is def my favorite. I'd want it in silver (well white gold) though cause I'm not a gold kinda girl. This one's my fav cause I can wear it with pearls and it's not too dressy for my tastes.

I got my big sis the emerald diamond one (with the help of my mom) for her graduation gift so she could rock it out on the necklace which my lil got for her, but she stopped talking to me (long story that I don't even know myself), so we never never ended up giving them to her. It's just sitting here. I've never wanted to wear it b/c it was totally for her, but maybe I will someday. I just keep holding off hoping to have the chance to make it hers again...
Sorry to bust into KD land, but I saw this and just thought...

Why dont you give the necklace to a sister who is close to you, maybe your little - suprise her. My big and I werent that close, but my best friend was always there for me in Phi Sig... so Id give something like that to her.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
My badge arrived!!

Guess what came in the mail today....or by UPS!

My badge!!

I got my badge late tonight, and wow, was I surprised. It's the gold badge with chased edges, and it must be the "larger size" because it's HUGE compared to the sister's badge I'm wearing now!

I was so excited to get it!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 01-01-2006, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
Something cool happened at Christmas time...my parents bought me my badge...my gold badge had come in the night before I left for Denver, so I didn't have a chance to take it with me to Denver.

On Christmas Day, my big shocker present was ...

an emerald and pearl badge that MY DAD pikced out and bought for me for Christmas. It's so beautiful...and I wish I knew how to post a picture on here!

Cheryl
---I have the coolest Dad ever...

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

In honor of International Badge Day, I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

Mine has the alternating pearls and emeralds. It's not my original one, however--I lost that one a while back, so I took the opportunity to get a jeweled one. In my chapter, we didn't even know we had a choice. When I was a sophomore, a new province president visited, and we all admired her pin, with pearls and emerald points, and we wondered aloud if she had a special pin as a national officer. "What? No! Anyone can get one of these," she told us. Apparently somewhere in the mists of time, the president didn't ask initiates what type of badge they wanted, so over time, the practice had stopped.

What a terrible chapter we must have been.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter always ordered plain pins, too. So if your chapter was terrible, then so is mine.

I have my plain pin on a pendant. When I was ordering a jeweled pin, I really struggled with which one to get. I really like the alternating pearls and emeralds, but I thought it was too... jazzy. I have the white gold chased border pin. I love it! (And I'm wearing it now.)

Last edited by SydneyK; 04-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

My original pin was all emeralds with pearl points. Most of the women in my chapter had pearls with emerald points, so it was unusual. It was lost in a recent move, but I am still hopeful to find it. It has been mine for 35 years, so I miss it! It had all my dangles on it too, and I miss those too!

My father and my husband bought me a white gold all diamond pin since I was a chapter advisor and no longer had one to wear. It is beautiful, and I wear it to work about once a week.

In addition, I purchased a vintage 1942 pin from my chapter on ebay, and have acquired several other vintage pins of a variety of types. The plain ones are as beautiful as the jeweled.

I am surprised to hear that some chapters don't inform new initiates of their options in ordering a pin. The white gold pearl with diamond points is a particular favorite of mine and I would love to see one in person.

Happy Badge Day!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

My pin is alternating pearls and emeralds. I love it even though it kinda looks like polka dots.

I'm thinking about getting the pendant pin holder. If I do, I'll order a new badge for it because I don't want to take my chapter guard off of my original pin. I think for the necklace I'd get a pin with diamonds or pearls with emerald points.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Pin

I currently have 2 pins. My original was a plain pin with a plain chapter guard. The latch on the back has become very difficult over the years. When I joined the National Leadership Team I found a very pretty antique pin with all pearls on it on Ebay. It is a small pin and dates to the 1920's. I have it in a pendant with my dagger.

DaffyKD
Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I have a pin story. A sidebar, I have my original pin on a necklace with my dagger from my days as an NO. It is emeralds and pearls and I love it. However, I bought another pin at Convention, maybe 1997 in Norfolk, all pearls, very old, from the KD Foundation. I think they called them "Fallen Sister" pins that were turned in by family members upon the death of a member. I had thought I might turn it into a "pinky" ring. Fast forward to 1999. Eta Alpha chapter was installed at Texas A&M University. Alumnae were asked to serve as "Big Sisters" to the new members. I was given the name of an awesome young lady to be her "big sister". What fun for me. As luck would have it, I was also involved in the installation and was able to give her the pin I had purchased from the foundation and ask her to pass it down to her little sister and so on as their initiation pin. I think the tradition is still continuing. At least we both think it is as far as we know. She became a member of council and continues to be involved as she is serving with me on the House Corp Board at Texas A&M.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I've got the large alternating pearl and emerald badge. My mom was very active in her sorority (Alpha Sigma Tau) both locally and nationally and wanted me to have a beautiful badge for my own sorority, so she opted to spend the extra money to get me the exact badge I wanted. I absolutely love it and actually look forward to formal chapter so I can wear it, haha.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story, Just Interested!

And, dixie318, I used to love chapter meetings too because I got to wear my pin.