Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,320
0 members and 1,320 guests
No Members online

Old 02-09-2009, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa's v. Alpha's

When I first decided that I wanted to become apart of greek organization, there were only 2 frats that I even considered for myself. I know I can't imagine anything other than becoming a member of Kappa Alpha Psi or Alpha Phi Alpha. After talking to different Greeks about how to choose the frat that was best for me, I received the usually advice of doing my research, but someone also told me to imagine myself in the organization, then imagine myself in the chapter, and if at any point I found something that I wouldnt want to be associated with, then maybe that organization isnt the best choice for me. So I took that into consideration and found different pro's and con's for both but there was one HUGE con that I found in common with both chapters on my campus, both organizations hate each other. So I come to you greekchat, is this common on all campuses or is this specific to my school? Do Alpha's and Kappa's hate each other because of the battle of who REALLY was founded first? I can only speculate but I would rather know the truth. I have friends in both organizations and I dont want to join one and hate the other.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyM View Post
When I first decided that I wanted to become apart of greek organization, there were only 2 frats that I even considered for myself. I know I can't imagine anything other than becoming a member of Kappa Alpha Psi or Alpha Phi Alpha. After talking to different Greeks about how to choose the frat that was best for me, I received the usually advice of doing my research, but someone also told me to imagine myself in the organization, then imagine myself in the chapter, and if at any point I found something that I wouldnt want to be associated with, then maybe that organization isnt the best choice for me. So I took that into consideration and found different pro's and con's for both but there was one HUGE con that I found in common with both chapters on my campus, both organizations hate each other. So I come to you greekchat, is this common on all campuses or is this specific to my school? Do Alpha's and Kappa's hate each other because of the battle of who REALLY was founded first? I can only speculate but I would rather know the truth. I have friends in both organizations and I dont want to join one and hate the other.
It doesn't matter if you find something about the glo that you don't want to be associated with. Do what's in your heart. I didn't like, and still don't like being associated with the whole "player" "mack daddy", silly image that Kappa has been plagued with, but I didn't let that stop me from joining. I am my own man, and you should be your own man.

Secondly, as far as the Nupes and Alphas not getting along on your campus is concerned that's nothing new. On my campus, it was the Nupes and the Ques that didn't get along. We got along with the Alphas just fine. I wouldn't let that be an obstacle either.

There is no battle as far as founding dates are concerned, Alpha Phi Alpha was founded before Kappa Alpha Psi.

Lastly, I can't speak for Alpha Phi Alpha, but I can speak for my own organization. If you are a real person and not a troll, and you do decide to join Kappa Alpha Psi (and are fortunate to get selected) IF you make it in, like I said before, be your OWN man and don't fall into that "player" mentality by becoming a low down womanizer because you think you're "supposed" to be that way because of the Kappa stereotype. I said this before and I'll say it again. A man who has good character, ("players" don't) won't have to worry about his reputation, because it will follow and take care of itself.

Good luck to you. I hope you choose what's in your heart. Both organizations are great fraternities, Nupes are just better looking.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 02-10-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^It's always a plus to have the rational, civilized BRUH, because I am not that one...lol!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAtivating View Post
^^^It's always a plus to have the rational, civilized BRUH, because I am not that one...lol!
LOL! Nupe, It's kool. Nupes from my chapter are the same way, and I get on them all the time about it. So you have more than one woman, no I don't like it, but you're still my frat brother. I've got your info, so next homecoming I'm coming to get you. After that post, you'll fit right in at my chapter.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL! Nupe, It's kool. Nupes from my chapter are the same way, and I get on them all the time about it. So you have more than one woman, no I don't like it, but you're still my frat brother. I've got your info, so next homecoming I'm coming to get you. After that post, you'll fit right in at my chapter.
Naw Bruh...I am (now) a one woman man. But I meant you were really nice to "lil" buddy's comment. My comments were not leaning in that direction...lol!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Naw Bruh...I am (now) a one woman man. But I meant you were really nice to "lil" buddy's comment. My comments were not leaning in that direction...lol!
LOL, my bad Nupe. I'm glad to see that you are a one woman man, but at first, I actually thought you were leaning in this direction:

Old 02-15-2009, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL, my bad Nupe. I'm glad to see that you are a one woman man, but at first, I actually thought you were leaning in this direction:

Mind you I haven't been saved, nor educated all my life.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Mind you I haven't been saved, nor educated all my life.
None of us have. What matters is that you are now.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 02-16-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deltadevil Send a message via Yahoo to deltadevil
i know on this campus the Kappas and Alphas are involved in almost everything. The ques are known for hanging outside and bbqing alot and i barely see the sigmas. I havent seen any confrontations between any of the frats except when one sigma got mad at a que