Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,174
1 members and 1,173 guests
naraht

Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi guys, I'm a sweetheart. I got a sweetheart pin this year at formal(along with 2 other girls). Well about the whole letters thing, the chapter bought us the sweetheart pins and we are suppose to wear them at cocktails, formals and prefrence dinners(formal/semi-formal occasions). They are also getting us sweatshirts that spell out Sigma Nu and underneath it says sweetheart.

On another note, my boyfriend who is EC this year, is buying me my own set of letters but they are really really small like 2 inches. They arent the traditional type of letters the actives get. We are allowed to wear their letters if they offer them to us. were just not allowed to have our own set of Big letters, and we didnt ask either cause we know that they worked really hard for those letters. My boys are kinda funny about the whole letters thing, so unless we are offered letters we dont ask, we dont want to step on their toes. We are really honored just to be sweethearts.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Congratulations, and thanks for the post!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

We have actually chose to do an All Greek pageant with the Winner being our White Rose Queen and will be in our composite. There is talks of all the contestants being on it as a White Rose Council, but thats still in the pre talks stage.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this thread is pretty old but I figured I'd comment. I was pinned about a year ago as Sigma Nu Sweetheart on my campus. Here they don't do it as a yearly thing and make it something special seeing as I'm the 4th one in 15yrs they have been established on campus. I was chosen and voted upon because of my contributions to the chapter and my involvement. I was told that I could wear letters and I was presented with a pair of SN letters in DG colors and a pair of DG letters in SN colors at my pinning along with the sweetheart pin. I was just ordered a jersey minus the crest because that's the one thing I can't wear, the crest. The boys here are pretty strict about who wears their letters so I do feel honored to be wearing the SN letters on my chest.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma