Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,115
1 members and 1,114 guests
naraht

Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

It seems odd to me about bidding these new students because at Tech we are not allowed to bid out individuals until after formal rush is completed. But congratulations to Sigma Nu out at Kansas!!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
We did the same thing. Summer rush was when we built our class with parties and BBQ's and stuff. Back on campus we'd already have our class, then we'd do formal rush to grab a few to close out the class.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread is getting out of hand... http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...=1#post1672853
Old 06-26-2008, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

haha, that was an interesting topic that I have spent much time thinking about already.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting stuff. I put in my 2-cents.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-26-2008, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

silly thread, and no one ever wins that argument (seen it here 1000000 times). so just have fun in it.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

haha, thats true banditone. Everybody joins a fraternity for a different reason and that is what makes rush a difficult task to create an umbrella plan for all people. And that is the reason why each house has a big stereotype because you have a lot of guys performing the actions. But that is just my opinion, you have the jocks, the good GPA, etc.... (hopefully we could be the best in all of the above in a perfect situation).
Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, 24 before July is an extremely large amount of pledges. However, seeing the work that is being put in first hand, I'd be disappointed with anything less. Our recruitment chairs have put in countless hours, making phone calls, going to dinners, talking to parents, giving tours etc. . . One of our recruitment chairs traveled from Lawrence to Omaha to speak with 3 guys who were interested.(all three eventually signed) It's not just the recruitment chairs either. We've had guys who live in Oklahoma recruiting in their area, KC guys in their area, and central/southern KS guys in their own areas. Not only are active members helping but we are also receiving help/recommendations from many alumni. They don't just recommend guys who would make great Sigma Nus but also make phone calls to those who still need persuading. The whole colony has put in an enormous amount of work and it is paying off. I'm extremely excited for the fall semester to come around and see the summation of our efforts.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Nu Chapater Sigma Nu Progress

Greetings brothers!

Let me first introduce myself; I am John LeRoy, Senior at KU and Lt. Commander at the Nu Chapter! Every so often I google Sigma Nu KU when I get bored to see what I can find. In the past 2 years all I have come across has been "hazing closes Sigma Nu" or "Charter revoked" etc. It was not until tonight I discovered something a bit different. Distracted with my homework, I decided to see what the latest buzz on the web was. I saw a hot link that actually mentioned our recolonization! I also came across this greekchat forum and was rather surprised to see the amount of interest so many of you have in the progress of the Nu Chapter! I would like to extend a thank you to all of you who are in favor of our efforts and appreciate your support! I would also like to give all of you an update on whats happening! The first semester has just begun here at the University and we could not be off to a better start! We pulled a a total of 33 outstanding pledges ranging from Dallas to Omaha and St. Louis to western Kansas. Each of our pledges have great talents and are very bright young men. Our alumni have been nothing short of fabulous and our Rush Chairmen did an incredible job! We now have a combined total of 56 members. In the early Spring of 08' we mailed our 500+ page petition to Nationals and awaited approval to proceed with our charterization. The petition was reviewd by the High Council during the annual meeting in August and we were approved to receive our Charter! The Charterization ceremony is set to be on October 25th! All of us are ecstatic about the news and I am happy to share it with you all! I was in the pledge class in 2005 when the hazing shut the house down. At the time, I was devastated. I now consider it a blessing in disguise. 8 members of my pledge class returned with the help of outstanding alumni and we rebuilt this Chapter from the ground up. We built it the way a fraternity should be in accordance with the principles of Sigma Nu. We have set a new standard for fraternites on this Greek heavy campus. So far we have been the buzz talk of many frats and sororities on campus and it feels great to be recognized again - this time for our outstanding achievements! I'd be happy to inform any of you on anything else if you have any questions about our progress! Thanks again for your support! Nu is back!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

That is truly great news. I visited your chapter when I was an undergrad and came away really impressed. I loved the mansion and the guys I met showed us a good time.

So how is the house? Did all of your past pictures, composites, etc. survive the dormant time?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

More Nu News. http://www.kansan.com/stories/2008/o...ly_reinstated/
Old 11-18-2008, 05:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from the Nu chapter yesterday. Our candidates went on their sneak to KU this past weekend and we had a great time. I talked with a few of their actives in great depth, and it seems like they really have the house going in the right direction. Keep it up guys.