Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,027
0 members and 1,027 guests
No Members online

Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I think I was very clear that every NPC is different in their opinion and approach to AI. DPhiE accepted this AI so calling her names is basically criticizing DPhiE's AI program. If your sorority wouldn't have taken her, that's their opinion on the matter. I'm just saying that we can disagree on whether or not AI is appropriate, but we've always tried to steer clear of criticizing each NPC group's policies.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I think I was very clear that every NPC is different in their opinion and approach to AI. DPhiE accepted this AI so calling her names is basically criticizing DPhiE's AI program.
No, it's not. You're trying to say a group's MS program transcends any human flaws, screwups or mistakes. That's just not the truth. If it were, sororities would be 100% full of perfect members - on the collegiate AND alumnae levels.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

In fairness to twocutetx, why doesn't someone take this discussion to another thread, and allow this one to remain for those who wish to welcome her to the NPC, and Delta Phi Epsilon in particular? Let's not ruin her thread with another agenda, whichever side you favor.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't really see this as promoting an agenda. We're discussing AI as it relates to this situation.

At the beginning the OP began on GC asking for information on which sororities offered AI and how the process worked.

Then about a month later she said that she contacted two different groups.

And two years after that she mentions she has contacted a number of sororities re: their AI programs

There was also another post which she said she contacted a Jewish sorority re: AI.

So there are at least 3 not including the sorority she initiated in and for many people that isn't the spirit of the program.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

^^ There are some who erroneously consider DPhiE a Jewish sorority. As members of a different GLO, we really shouldn't take issue with how another GLO conducts AI - at least, not on a congratulatory thread.

Congratulations, twocutetx! May your love for DPhiE only grow!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
^^ There are some who erroneously consider DPhiE a Jewish sorority. As members of a different GLO, we really shouldn't take issue with how another GLO conducts AI - at least, not on a congratulatory thread.

Congratulations, twocutetx! May your love for DPhiE only grow!
Last post in rush forum, per promise to PT...

We're not taking issue with the GLOs and their methods. We, at least, I am taking issue with the methods alumni initiates and interests use to get into GLOs. And, if someone has used questionable methods, I reserve the right to point them out and make fun of them for it...

Oh, and this was NOT a congratulatory thread... It was a sorority shopping thread that began over three years ago. BTW, I know that in addition to the groups she mentioned, there are other groups she reached out to about trying to join...

Last post in forum, yay! *Cheers erupt*
Old 10-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

I completely agree that you have the right to disagree with how other GLOs conduct their business. I don't agree with anyone's right to make fun of them. I also wouldn't want to see people call one GLO or another names. It's not at all becoming and can be downright demeaning - which harms the whole NPC in the long run.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with TC that we are not taking issue with that specific groups AI program. The issue is the method used to obtain AI membership.

And for what it's worth, DPhiE was not the Jewish sorority she contacted someone about previously.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
I agree with TC that we are not taking issue with that specific groups AI program. The issue is the method used to obtain AI membership.

And for what it's worth, DPhiE was not the Jewish sorority she contacted someone about previously.
Then I stand corrected. I still think this discussion should be taken to another thread, though.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Then I stand corrected. I still think this discussion should be taken to another thread, though.
As a purely innocent bystander (I can't say I've ever posted in this forum before, although I may have and have forgotten) isn't it fair to have this discussion in the AI forum, though? Since it IS about AI, and women pursuing AI should be aware of common opinion regarding it?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantASTic View Post
As a purely innocent bystander (I can't say I've ever posted in this forum before, although I may have and have forgotten) isn't it fair to have this discussion in the AI forum, though? Since it IS about AI, and women pursuing AI should be aware of common opinion regarding it?
Absolutely. There has been at least one new thread started about this, and this is the correct Forum.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I think FantASTic makes a good point. This is the forum to do it, and as mentioned before the discussion is in regards to how AI was approached in this case. The OP also wrote something to the effect of "for all you still wanting to join a sorority after college, keep going for it b/c it can happen for you too!"

That comment (at least for me) was why I responded here, since it was in this thread.