Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,257
0 members and 1,257 guests
No Members online

Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

A co-worker saw the Coco Chanel one and said it was excellent... told me to try to get it on the DVR.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

It's on iTunes so I might just download it - or maybe convince boyfriend to do it because he has a DVD burner.

Glad to hear it's good though - I like Shirley McClain and the commercials made it look awesome.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagamzetagam View Post
I'm ashamed of Senusret I that he could not give in to anorexia.
AGZG: 2
SimplyStupid: 0

My snarky never goes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Our personal favorite was the one about the girls who had a pact, and Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman) played the mom. The one girl died and the other would have visions of her on the beach and what not. It is called Moment of Truth: A Secret Between Friends and luckily will be on tomorrow night on the Lifetime Movie Network if you need Thinspiration Senusret I.
I saw that one on YouTube (and am now convinced that I can finding ANYTHING on YT...except that one ep where Tyra ran away from dolphins, but I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere). It was a good movie and I enjoyed it...as far as you can enjoy stuff like that I guess. I was stoked that the dad is Roman from Days of Our Lives.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 09-18-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
AGZG: 2
SimplyStupid: 0

My snarky never goes out.

I saw that one on YouTube (and am now convinced that I can finding ANYTHING on YT...except that one ep where Tyra ran away from dolphins, but I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere). It was a good movie and I enjoyed it...as far as you can enjoy stuff like that I guess. I was stoked that the dad is Roman from Days of Our Lives.
My favorite Lifetime Movie EVER, starred Judith Light as a spousal abuser. It is called Men Don't Tell and her husband is a construction worker and she is abusing him. Now I realize spousal abuse is nothing to mock in opposite or same sex couples, but It was so hard to take as realism since it is Judith Light (AKA Angela from 'Who's The Boss") and there's a scene where he calls a battered women's shelter from a phone booth in the rain, and they hang up on him because they think he is making a sick joke. I love that Lifetime shows it (they didn't make it) because men being abused by women is real and it does happen, and hopefully men who call for help are treated better than they were in this film.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
My favorite Lifetime Movie EVER, starred Judith Light as a spousal abuser. It is called Men Don't Tell and her husband is a construction worker and she is abusing him. Now I realize spousal abuse is nothing to mock in opposite or same sex couples, but It was so hard to take as realism since it is Judith Light (AKA Angela from 'Who's The Boss") and there's a scene where he calls a battered women's shelter from a phone booth in the rain, and they hang up on him because they think he is making a sick joke. I love that Lifetime shows it (they didn't make it) because men being abused by women is real and it does happen, and hopefully men who call for help are treated better than they were in this film.
It's soooo sad but, when I was in high school, I would hit a lot when I was mad or offended. I didn't know any other way to express myself. My guy friends said that I'd probably end up in an abusive marriage--I'd be the one beating my husband all the time. Thank God I grew out of that, but it's so sad that that happens and people don't take that sort of thing seriously.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 AM
GreekChat Member

You guys are sick. I love you. Don't ever change.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

So, is the answer that the op should watch Lifetime movies?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Nah - the answer is that the OP should stop being a troll.

The thread just flowed right into Lifetime movies. Because really, what thread shouldn't?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ilovepka14
I understand the wanting answers and all that jazz about your cheatin piece of shit; I too have recently learned that my boyfriend cheated on me this past summer, it hurts and it sucks..and the girl..well she's a bitch who well...lets just say wont be trying to get around my bf or me anymore... but back to the point. It took a lot for me to even look at my boyfriend let alone you're living with him, thats harsh... I think if you're going to take him back and stay with him then you really need to give yourself the time to get over it, dont let pety things get to you or you'll always fight and bring up whoever ur significant other was once with. It takes time; lots and lots of time, i still question my boyfriend sometimes, although i know he isnt doing it anymore its always going to be in the back of your mind you just have to leave it there and do your best not to bring it up. Start by checking yourself first, you may be to blame in the situation, especially if he is afraid to tell you anything at all, maybe you're a little too aggresive and naturally not good at trusting someone. spend time with him not badger him. Dont be up his butt 24:7. let him live his life and trust that he isnt going to cheat again, and if you cant let that happen then you yourself need to do some growing up and leave him. I understand shit happens and people mess up but part of life is learning how to cope and get over things move forward and not always dwell in the past. If you cant look forward and see him/her in it then you just need to peace out on him and move on instead of wasting each others time.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Well, to be fair, I'm about the closest thing to Dr. Phil that currently exists anywhere - except for being fat. And I speak proper English.
Nice 'stache.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagamzetagam View Post
It's on iTunes so I might just download it
Lifetime movies are on iTunes?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I saw that one on YouTube (and am now convinced that I can finding ANYTHING on YT...except that one ep where Tyra ran away from dolphins, but I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere).
Hope this helps.

Good thing Tyra Banks grew up in the 80s. She would not have survived the 90s world of Lisa Frank.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBulb View Post
Lifetime movies are on iTunes?
Yup - I think I just searched the title of the movie and there it was.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBulb View Post
Hope this helps.

Good thing Tyra Banks grew up in the 80s. She would not have survived the 90s world of Lisa Frank.
HOLY CRAP YOU ARE JESUS FOR A DAY.