GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,407
0 members and 1,407 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2008, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

debit card machine for chapter transactions

Does anyone have info on getting a debit machine for chapter transactions? I'm exploring this option for paying dues, merchandise and for when we sell items at events. Does anyone's chapter do this and is it beneficial? More importantly, is it cost effective? Or am I better off sticking to checks and paypal?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I would anticipate that there will be a fee associated with debit transactions that you do not incur with checks. Unless your chapter is very large or you sell lots of items for events (i.e. lots of transactions) my guess is that it would not be a cost effective method of payment. Some national organizations are looking at supporting credit/debit card transactions for dues payment on a national level but I have not heard of individual chapters undertaking such responsibility.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Look into Click and Pledge www.clickandpledge.com

Its not an actual machine, but it allows you to take credit card/debit card payments.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Does anyone have info on getting a debit machine for chapter transactions? I'm exploring this option for paying dues, merchandise and for when we sell items at events. Does anyone's chapter do this and is it beneficial? More importantly, is it cost effective? Or am I better off sticking to checks and paypal?
I work for a non-profit, and we rented a terminal from our bank for a fundraiser we had.

When the bill came in, almost $130 was debited from our account. The rental fee, transaction fees, etc. etc. all added up. That was just for one night's use.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
For dues and merchandise, you could look into Greek Bill, Omega Financial or APH. they allow you to send bills to members for those items and they can pay with debit cards or electronic checks and some allow CC use. Wouldn't help with onsite sales though.