GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,255
4 members and 1,251 guests
DGTess, John

Old 01-04-2005, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Paid Surveys

Has anyone ever done those online surveys that you get paid for? Are they a scam or can you get a little extra cash?
Old 01-05-2005, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DSDPrincess
I have tried it before. You can get some cash, but it's not as easy as you think. You have to qualify for the survey's to start off and most of the time the quota's fill up pretty fast. Then the other problem is that the survey's aren't always there. I receive very few e-mails for survey's and I am signed up on at least 5 or 6 different sites.

Don't get me wrong, if you are patient and are willing to just wait for them to come around it's okay. I have received amazon.com gift certificates before and some cash...not a lot, but I have gotten paid.

I hope this helps!
Old 01-05-2005, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Re: Paid Surveys

Quote:
Originally posted by hottytoddy
Has anyone ever done those online surveys that you get paid for? Are they a scam or can you get a little extra cash?
I take surveys through mysurvey.com. The site emails you when there are surveys available to take. So far, I've earned $60. Each survey is given a certain number of points and you need 1,000 points to earn $10.00. It does take a while but then again it may be due to my profile.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

from my experience they're a scam. i'm sure you could potentially make money, but it takes alot of time and effort, and for some of them you have to pay for (that's the scam part).
Old 01-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Unregistered-

Re: Re: Paid Surveys

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
I take surveys through mysurvey.com. The site emails you when there are surveys available to take. So far, I've earned $60. Each survey is given a certain number of points and you need 1,000 points to earn $10.00. It does take a while but then again it may be due to my profile.
Those fuckers don't allow those in Hawaii/Alaska/military bases to participate.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GirlWithPearls
www.pineconeresearch.com

I've done 3 surveys now and gotten a 5 dollar check in the mail for each one like 2 days after I finish it. I mean it's only 5 bucks, but the surveys have been about interesting products. check it out.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.opinionplace.com/

Earn American Airlines miles. Easy and painless.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ambición6 Send a message via Yahoo to ambición6
I've done both online and in-person focus groups. I am signed on to pinecone research and while $5 is not a lot, every little bit helps, now the in-person surveys, well thats a whole nother ballgame. since I started doing them in Sept 04, I think I have averaged around 2 focus groups a month for 2 hrs each for anywhere from $60-85.

go to this website, and find your state, city and call each of those places and tell them you want to be added to their database. Then they will start calling you, not right away, but the calls will start coming. You do have to qualify for surveys, but once you do enough of them, you know what kind of answers they are looking for and that makes it much easier to qualify.

http://www.focusvision.com/maps/showmap.asp?map=facm_us
Old 01-20-2005, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been participating in American Consumer Opinion for about two years and have gotten checks from them anywhere in the amount of $4 to $20. They have drawings of up to $100, but I've never won those...

The link is: http://www.acop.com/Information.asp
Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

paid surveys

Something that always really annoys me is how people brand paid online surveys as scams. Ive been a member of many paid surveys companies for many years and have earnt my fair share of money and paypal aswell as online gift certificates for lots of online stores.
It seems that people really arnt paying attention to what they sign upto.
Many survey companies take a certain time period before you are paid. Sometimes its days or even weeks. So as soon as a few hours is up they say oh i havent been paid for doing that survey.
If people continue to pick survey companies that have dodgey names like survey monkey or 30 dollar days then its their own fault. Try using the ones with legitimate names, do your homework on the paid survey company before you join.
Ive had nothing but smooth sailing with the companies im with and have been with for many years. This one has a list of about 7 paid surveys sites http://www.techagesite.com/Surveys%20page1.htm
Old 07-12-2008, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

paid surveys

Yes, you can make a little extra money for doing the surveys.
You just have to make sure you sign up with the good sites.

Check out: http://earn-withsurveys.blogspot.com

I've been doing surveys from the companies listed there and have made some money.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I got a random phone call marketing survey once that was clearly a screening call for a survey for IT professionals. I qualified for the online survey. After completing the online survey, I qualified to choose a "prize" and got a nice Dirt Devil upright mini vacuum thing. I thought for sure it was a scam and that I wouldn't receive anything and kept waiting for them to ask for credit card info but they never did and I did get the little vacuum thing, which appears to go for around $50 in stores, so that was cool.