Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,460
2 members and 1,458 guests
Cookiez17, MSKKG

Old 05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Most Memorable Pledge Experience

Hello Ladies,

I have just been inducted as my chapter's (Kappa Gamma) Vice Pres. of Membership for the 2008-2009 school year. I am really looking to push our rushing and pledging period to a new level. Our past VPM's have done a great job getting us to where we are are but I want to take it one step further.

My big sis (I am sure she will see this and commen) was the lady that made my pledge period what it was. She taught me to appreciate the sisterhood I could find in this organization. I want to bring that to next years pledge class.

So here is what I need from all of you:
Do you remember when you first felt understanding for sisterhood? What was it at your rush that made you chose to fill return your bod and go through the process... if you didn't go through with it, what is it that made you drop? Did you do anything during your pledging process that made you feel a special bond with your pledge class or the active sisters?

If anyone wants to share your pledge or rush experiences that would be great...if you are comfortable talking about your experiences in a public forum please PM me...I am truly interested!

Love and Roses!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Why hello my dearest and most wonderful-est friend!

Our joint rush night with PMA & MPE used to be on Thursday nights and it was always bowling. I was sitting there--I honestly don't remember if I bowled or not....but the members that were at the event realized that it was my birthday and they all sang happy birthday to me. I was so happy.

During pledging, I'll never forget the night we made our gifts for the sisters. I'm not sure if you've seen them. We made red felt scarves with ironed on letters "SAI" (since we couldn't do the greek) and sewed little roses on either side. That night was so amazingly fun. I can still hear all the laughter and joy in our voices. We were just a few weeks away from initiation. And, two fellow pledge sisters went out and bought everyone little red bags, puff painted the letters "sai" on them (not the greek ones) and our names. I still have that bag.

This is gonna sound....bad, but I was never particularly close with anyone in my pledge class. It was hard to get to know the girls when I wasn't in the music building all day. I'd like to see more time dedicated specifically to pledge class bonding during the MIT period.

Oh-and there's girl on here. Her name is Jessica. Username is CuriousWildcat. She is (i believe) past VPM for her chapter and instituted a preference day and candle passing ceremony. I don't know her chapter designation, but I know she's at University of Kentucky. YOU SHOULD GET UP WITH HER. She was recently initiated into KKPsi as well.

Oh-and you called me. I'm at work--and recently got chewed out for being on my phone at work. (story for another time) so I couldn't pick up. IM me if you need something.

<33
Old 05-08-2008, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
This is true! I was the past VPM for my chapter (Delta Omega)! I would say the most memorable experience is the last night of rush. We have a Movie & Chocolate night. We Played Harry Potter Scene It, watched super girlie movies and ate chocolate and pizza and junk food! We had SO much fun! This was the rush I went through, and several of the girls in my pledge class said that it was that night that made them decide to pledge!
Another time we did a scavenger hunt (the ENTIRE chapter during regular meeting time, NOT just the MITs) and it was a blast. There were a lot of silly things like "get a pic with as many band kids as possible,a point for each one" and take a picture at a fountain (most people got iN the fountain, myself included ) and "get a pic with as many PMA brothers as possible (they were all watching a basketball game together).
Another great time we have is making crafts! We all sit around and talk and make pretty stuff!

As for when I was pledging KKPsi, the most memorable part was our MEC (mit) meetings. Active brothers came and we just always stayed afterwards and talked and joked around!

J2
ΣАІ
ΚΚΨ
University of Kentucky
Old 05-10-2008, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
Why hello my dearest and most wonderful-est friend!

Our joint rush night with PMA & MPE used to be on Thursday nights and it was always bowling. I was sitting there--I honestly don't remember if I bowled or not....but the members that were at the event realized that it was my birthday and they all sang happy birthday to me. I was so happy.

During pledging, I'll never forget the night we made our gifts for the sisters. I'm not sure if you've seen them. We made red felt scarves with ironed on letters "SAI" (since we couldn't do the greek) and sewed little roses on either side. That night was so amazingly fun. I can still hear all the laughter and joy in our voices. We were just a few weeks away from initiation. And, two fellow pledge sisters went out and bought everyone little red bags, puff painted the letters "sai" on them (not the greek ones) and our names. I still have that bag.

This is gonna sound....bad, but I was never particularly close with anyone in my pledge class. It was hard to get to know the girls when I wasn't in the music building all day. I'd like to see more time dedicated specifically to pledge class bonding during the MIT period.

Oh-and there's girl on here. Her name is Jessica. Username is CuriousWildcat. She is (i believe) past VPM for her chapter and instituted a preference day and candle passing ceremony. I don't know her chapter designation, but I know she's at University of Kentucky. YOU SHOULD GET UP WITH HER. She was recently initiated into KKPsi as well.

Oh-and you called me. I'm at work--and recently got chewed out for being on my phone at work. (story for another time) so I couldn't pick up. IM me if you need something.

<33
I'm curious as to why do your letters have to be SAI instead of the greek letters?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenenicole View Post
I'm curious as to why do your letters have to be SAI instead of the greek letters?
Because when we are pledging we do not know what the greek letters ΣАІ mean. As a pledge, ehemm, MiT, we have not been through the initiation ritual and therefore cannot give the letters the respect they deserve because we don't know what they mean.

I feel like I'm talking in circles...does that make sense?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

oh i miss read that. i thought you meant as yr letters after pledging. we don't do letters prior, even just using sai. i've never seen/heard of that before.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
This is gonna sound....bad, but I was never particularly close with anyone in my pledge class.

Neither was I. I made good friends with the girls who were already actives, and even better friends in my alumnae chapter.