Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,347
2 members and 1,345 guests
Happy Alum

Old 05-19-2001, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Little Sister Program

Hey-Is there anyone out there who is involved, or who knows, any information regarding the Sigma Nu little sister program? If so, please help me re-establish the program at my University by sending me any information you see fit to help me in my task. Thank you so much.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I don't think Sigma Nu is allowed to have little sisters anymore, because they are seen as house whores or something. I know at my school they can't have them. My boyfriend's in the frat and that is what he told me at least, but it's probably differant at every school. You might want to try conntacting someone at thier national headquarters about it.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:18 PM

I don't think any member fraternities of NIC, period, are allowed to have little sisters anymore.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaNuSWTx
Little Sister Program

Little sister programs are banned from all NIC Fraternities. Sigma Nu does recognize Sweethearts, but these are supposed to be serious girlfriends and wives. Most universities are also opposed to these programs, BUT we have a very successful lil program. We have lil sis alumni that come back for alumni weekends.
To pick which women we are wanting to take, the girls fill out applications, and the chapter votes on them, so that we pick quality women to aide in recruitment. There are so many benefits to having these lil sisters. The reason we don't have them is because the programs get out of control if they are not monitored. My advice to making a successful program, is always having something for the girls to do. Whether it be a dinner at the house once a month, or something just so the girls have a reason to be loyal. Loyalty is the best thing that a fraternity can get from a woman (for recruitment). Asking people why they pledged a fraternity, the most common answer is that a girl told them to join. Implimenting a little sister program, if done correctly, is a perfect way to use this to benefit the chapter.
Good luck starting your own.

Last edited by SigmaNuSWTx; 02-15-2002 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey ya'll-
My boyfriend is a Sigma Nu-well, he's an alum now, but when he was active, I was made a Sweetheart and I had little brothers-this was about 4 years ago. The other girls that were Sweethearts and I always helped out with Rush-we also would take our little bros out from time to time as well. Alot of us still come back for Homecoming, even though we're not as active with the guys as we used to be.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Delta_theta Send a message via AIM to Delta_theta
Sigma Nu sis's.

There is a program that can be implimented called the Sigma Nu assoceates. I'm not sure of the specifics, the law is somewhat...hard to read in this section. But, it allows the chapters to have an...associeate chapter, of women, which can include spoces, parents, and other non-males to form an assoceate chapter to help them out.

I found it in the law, but I'm not sure how to go about helping form one here.

(I'm a Snu in teh delta Theta Chapter at Knox college).

M.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Our chapter has "big sis's" which as far as I can tell is perfectly legal. Our system is different.. you even get extended family like grand-bigs and great-grand-bigs... Gets very confusing, but any are open for gift-giving, etc..

LHT,
Kevin
MT-5 (as of March9th)