GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Delta Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,270
3 members and 1,267 guests
Xidelt

Old 06-19-2000, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Your chapter??

Hey Delts,

I'm from the alpha phi chapter of Penn State and I was just wondering what your chapters are like....fun? academic? social? Let me know and lets prove the stereotypes wrong about the deltas!

Delta love,
amanda
Old 07-12-2000, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

*Edit*

Last edited by Yasij; 06-28-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2000, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to lizzie3d
Smile

Hey Delta Ladies,

I think it's a great idea that we all get to know what other chapters are like... what could make us stronger and more unified than getting to know other chapters, right??

Our chapter had some trying times last year, and, in fact, I pledged at at a time when our charter was being officially revoked by Executive Board. The women in our chapter are strong and diverse, and we pulled together to keep our charter. We got our numbers up, started participating more in community and Greek activities, and basically let everyone know that we were on campus. It worked- we got our charter back, and we're stronger than we've been in decades. Of course there's still lots of work to be done, but we're excited to jump right into things in the fall!

If anyone has questions about how we came "back to life", I'd be MORE than happy to answer them. Nothing makes me happier than helping a Greek organization succeed, especially a Tri Delta chapter!

Lizzie
Theta Sigma Chapter
University of North Dakota
Old 08-04-2000, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hello My Sisters!!!!

I'm going in to my Junior year and go to Millikin. (That's in Illinois) The Delta Epsilon chapter has been labled stuck-up, snobby, $itchy, etc... However, we have held the highest pledge, active, and overall GPA for all sororites for the past 3 or 4 years. Between all My fellow Delta Epsilon Delta's and I, we, are involved in almost every campus organization. We have two presidential scholars, we win talent show at greek week every year, we kick butt at Greek games, we have an array of basketball, volleyball, and soccer girls in our house. We aren't stuck-up, we're just proud.

Occassionaly I hear gossip about University of Illinois TriDelts, but who knows if it's true or not.

Delta Love, and Mine,

Kim
Old 12-31-2000, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to J-gp48
Delta sisters,

I'm from the Gamma Pi chapter at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. We are a fairly new chapter, but have gained a good reputation at our school. We are known as a friendly, down to earth, fun-loving sorority. We only have two sororities on our campus, and we have awesome panhellenic relations, the Chi Os at Rose are really cool too. We are all women at a primarily male engineering school, so we tend to stick together.

Oh, and I've also heard stuff about the chapter at U of I, but I don't like stereotypes...

DL,
J
Old 02-16-2001, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello Deltas,

I just found this website and I'm so excited. I am a new active from the Epsilon Chapter at Knox College. Our chapter is really small but we're finally close to meeting quota. For this first time we're going to have to limit the number of bids we can give at spring informal! We don't have houses, and there are only 2 sororities on campus. So we're a little different than the larger schools. We have the highest Greek GPA on campus and so many incredible girls. We don't fit many of the stereotypes. We are such a diverse group of women, but that's what Tri Delta's all about. I can't wait to hear from everyone else.
Old 04-10-2001, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ElleDelta3
Well, at University of Wisconsin Madison (Mu) we have had our fair share of interesting times. In the early 90's we were the biggest and best, however, those girls got lazy, and a downward spiral started. We are finally getting up there in numbers (85-90), when I pledged in the fall of 98, our numbers were in the 60's. Last fall we got 28 pledges, the most that we have had in 7 years...(and I was the VP membership too so I am proud!!).

We are mainly from the midwest, and Christian. We are hard workers, we have to because it seems like we are always being put in a tough spot. However, We won Homecoming this last fall with Alpha Delta Phi!

Every year we sweep in the Greek awards..we have won Best Membership (with drop out rates sooo low), Best Academic program, Best Risk Mangement for the last three years and last year, Advisor of the year.

We have it all, the brains, the "blondes", the University athletes, and the girls full of spirit.

Michelle
Old 05-03-2001, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hi! I'm for the Canada Alpha Chapter at the University of Toronto, we have 16 girls and we are a very social house, as well as academic, we do a lot of philanthropy work and love road trips!!! I'm the New Member Educator for 2001-2002, and I love my job. We have the highest GPA of our Panhellenic, which has 7 houses. We have a nice house right off campus, as the University does not recognize (which I think is better)... We have a Greek Week, at the beginning of the school year, we placed second for the talent competition!! and just to give you an idea of our recruitment and how much people are into sororities at the University, there are 50,000 students and quota is 5. Needless to say that sororities aren't big up here, but I love being a DDD!
Old 08-15-2001, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hey there ~Theta Lambda in the house!!!!!!!
Colorado State

Tri Delta True
And still loving
each and every one
of you.
always have blue skies!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I go to UT Dallas... prob never heard of it.. it's pretty well known in tx, as a research univ, mostly for engineering, comp sci, and business.

we were just installed last semester, we were a local sorority before then.

hmmm stereotypes DEFINITELY do not describe tri delta or any other chapter at our uni. We have lots of socials, participate in all the intramural sports.. Our chapter is very diverse, we have girls majoring in engineering, psychology, biology (pre-med), our president is a Ph.D student with a 4.0 avg and is studying artificial intelligence (haha I love to show her off), we have amazing girls. Right now we have 44 active girls.

we looooove philanthropy!! we are having two this semester and had on last sem.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Ilovemyglo, Would you be happy if one of us went to your forum and made unsubstantiated accusations about the morals of two of your members?

What is your purpose in making such anonymous comments?
pssst.

Her post is over 6 years old and sne doesn't really post here anymore.

I'm sure the members in question are long out of school.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

okay guys, lets all chill and look at the age of posts before we go bumping threads...and remember, "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Carry on.