Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,251
0 members and 1,251 guests
No Members online

Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Well, there's a fabulously intelligent thing to post on a message board.
shut up. My chapter has no hazing whatsoever. .but that isn't the case for everyone.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfratalot View Post
shut up. My chapter has no hazing whatsoever. .but that isn't the case for everyone.
Might wanna take your own advice there bud...GC's gotten a few people in trouble before. Just saying, friendly warning.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 01-04-2007, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I will say I personally am opposed to hazing period in all forms and I've never witnessed it.

The fact that some fraternities and even sororities do is hardly a big announcement.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Many organizations would consider requiring pledges to drive drunk sorority girls around to be a form of hazing. Particularly if that interferes with study time or sleep time.

Hazing can take a lot of different forms -- it ain't just paddling and forced alcohol consumption. These days, it can even include that which is simply causing "mental discomfort."
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

After listening to my brother complain about sorority girls at recent parties...BUMP

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

* You do not need to hook up with every fraternity guy who smiles at you at an event. Really. It's not classy at all when half of a 20 guy pledge class can say they've hooked up with you in some manner. Ew.

*Are you and another sister not getting along? Leave it at the door. A social/date party/etc is not the place for you and that sister to have a huge drunken screaming match outside (in front of an entire group of boys and a city block of people).

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 02-05-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll take it one further than Violet:
Not getting along with a sister? Talk to her, then GET OVER IT. Keep the outside involvement to a minimum, and don't have a public shouting match anywhere. You really don't need all 100 of your sisters, your boyfriend's fraternity, your GDI roommates and their boyfriends to give you advice/be a shoulder/etc or serve as an audience. You can be a big girl all on your own.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

- Remember that you are at someone elses house, so be respectful

- You shouldn't be going upstairs(ie.. the bedroom floor) at all unless that is where the bathroom is located

-When a sober sister cuts you off its usually because A.) your doing something thats embarrassing other sisters B.) your sister wants you to be alive and healthy the next day

-Don't leave the party to hook up with someone and then return back to the party (its just trashy)

-If you want to hook up with a boy take him home to your room, otherwise the whole fraternity will know you did it with john smith from XYZ before your even out of the bedroom (trust me guys gossip just as much as girls esp. on this topic)

-DO NOT pee on a fraternity's couch even if it is in the basement and other people have probably already peed on it.

-Don't take drinks outside

-Don't makeout with guys in front of everyone, its just slutty

-DO try to e social fraternities aren't going to want to mix with girls that huddle in a group and stand in a corner

FOR GUYS
-Dont talk about the sorority negatively while your at a mixer with them trust me girls always overhear things

always emember this is what my mom and dad use to tell me remember when you go out in public you aren't jus representing your self your representing the whole family (ie sorority/fraternity) if you do something inappropriate people will think that your brothers or sisters condone that kind of behavior.

mmm i probably have more I just can't think of them ... and yes I've heard ofall of these happening on our campus!

Last edited by Zeta13Girl; 02-07-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta13Girl View Post
DO NOT pee on a fraternity's couch even if it is in the basement and other people have probably already peed on it.

People do that?!?!????
Ewwwwwwww...
Old 02-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta13Girl;1595582[COLOR=darkorchid
-DO NOT pee on a fraternity's couch even if it is in the basement and other people have probably already peed on it.[/COLOR]
hahahahaha.

I love Pennsylvania.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

The following things happened at parties, not mixers, but I am sure the rules translate. This bothered me as a collegian and it really grosses me out years later.

Pee in the toilet, not the tub! OK, so maybe 4 people won't be able to go to the bathroom at the same time. Hold it!

And if a fraternity guy happens to really piss you off, don't go pissing in his bed-no pun intended.

My sisters used to get compliments about how we were not into hooking up and just wanted to have a good time. The fraternity guys liked mixing with us. Remember, you are representing your sorority. It's all about what kind of image you want your chapter to have.

Last edited by RaggedyAnn; 02-07-2008 at 07:53 PM.